Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bonjour

This army list is basically designed to take on all comers, tournament style. I think that the combination of lots of flamers, lots of transports, and loads of faith points (10, with 2 simulacrum imperialises) will pretty much pulverise the enemy army, but i feel there may be a lack of A-T power. Let me know what you think!:)

HQ:

CANONESS blessed weapon, inferno pistol, cloak of St. Aspira
PRIEST evicerator, power armour, laspistol
CELESTIAN VETERAN SISTER SUPERIOR eviscerator, bolt pistol
7 CELESTIANS 5xbolters, 1xheavy flamer, 1xflamer
RHINO extra armous, smoke launchers

CANONESS power weapon, bolter-flamer, jump pack (accompannies seraphim)

ELITES:

INQUISITOR bolter
SAGE
3 GUN SERVITORS 2xmulti-melta, 1xplasma cannon

CALLIDUS ASSASSIN

TROOPS:

VETERAN SISTER SUPERIOR power weapon, bolt pistol
9 BATTLE SISTERS, 1ximagifer, 1x heavy flamer, 1xflamer
RHINO

9 BATTLE SISTERS, 1x heavy flamer, 1xflamer
RHINO

FAST ATTACK:

SERAPHIM VETERAN SISTER SUPERIOR power weapon, twin bolt pistols
5 SERAPHIM 2xtwin hand flamers, 3xtwin bolt pistols
(accompannied by canoness)

DOMINION VETERAN SISTER SUPERIOR bolter-flamer
5 DOMINIONS 4xflamers 1xbolter
IMMOLATOR twin-linked heavy flamer

HEAVY SUPPORT:

RETRIBUTOR VETERAN SISTER SUPERIOR bolter
9 RETRIBUTORS 4xheavy bolters, 5xbolters

2 PENITENT ENGINES

EXORCIST

FAITH POINTS: 10
FLAMERS: 16:shifty:

·
LO Zealot
1,331 Posts
Your HQs:

I would switch your cannonesses weapons around. A blessed weapon and inferno pistol is better suited to someone with a jump pack than someone put in a transport. The transport squad is meant to shoot, so consentrate in that area, the seraphim squad cannoness is meant to assult, im sure you'll find them more effective if you considered this. So give the blessed weapon and inferno pistol to the jump pack cannoness and the bolter-flamer to the transport cannoness.

[=Note=] Bolter-flamers are single shot just like the brazier of holy fire, but the brazier acts as a single handed close combat weapon unlike the combi-flamer. For future referance it might be better to use that instead of a combi-flamer.

Your Elites:

Your inquisitor seems alright, but if this unit is your long range squad it's probably a better idea to give her a storm bolter for range. In addition, you multi-meltas are too short ranged and will never hit anything (especially since you have nothing to move them quickly), better idea would be to give them heavy bolters and leave the anti-tanking to something else.

Your troops:

Your transports don't have Extra armour and Smoke Launchers, put them on and i would direct this comment as a must do instead of advice as selffish as it may seem. Their survival rate will be increased greatly.

For your veterans consider replacing the bolt pistol with a brazier of holy fire, reasons mentioned above in the HQ section. My preferance is just to dump the power weapon and go for a brazier in favour of consentrating in killing during shooting than winning in combat, which is the sisters weakness, especially when they get charged. (A reminder that you can't assualt the turn you disembark from a transport.)

Your fast:

Your veteran can't have both twin pistols and a power weapon, I'm sure this is how it works anyways. Correct me here if im wrong. In the end it doesn't make any differance in points costs I think.

Your squad size is abit too small to use "divine guidance" effectively. You may also find they struggle in an assualt. I would increase the squad size, but if it were an Anti-tank squad 5 of them would be fine.

[=note=] You might want to consider twin inferno pistols and a vet. equipe with a master-crafted inferno pistol for anti-tank as I've noticed you're lacking in that repect. If this is the case the jump pack cannoness equiped with an evicerator might be a good choice. Same gpes for the Vet. Superior.

For your dominion squad it might be an idea to give the immolator extra armour and smoke launchers to keep it alive so it has a greater chance for dropping its package off.

Your Heavies:

Good long range retributor squad, I see you intend to use divine guidance here. If you gave the Vet. a storm bolter you can increase the amount of shots over 24" by one, though not entirely important.

As good as your pentitant engines are it may be an idea to drop them in favour of another exorcist as you have very little anti-tank as you stand and with the extra points maybe put some of my advice I mentioned above into action. If you still lack points you can get away with lowering the retributor squad by one or two and maybe knocking out some power weapons from some of the Vets.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the advice (especially the brazier, and also the storm bolters, for some reason I was under the impression that they had a 12" range). Anyway, I have taken it all into account and edited my army list like so:

HQ

CANONESS eviscerator, brazier of holy fire, cloak of St. Aspira, litanies of faith (for getting that invulnerable save early in the game)
PRIEST eviscerator, power weapon, laspistol
RHINO extra armour, smoke launchers

CANONESS jump pack, inferno pistol, CCW, cloak of St. Aspira
(accompanies seraphim)

ELITES

INQUISITOR Storm bolter
SAGE
3 GUN SERVITORS heavy bolters

CALLIDUS ASSASSIN

TROOPS

9 BATTLE SISTERS 7xbolters, 1xheavy flamer, 1xflame

BATTLE SISTERS IN RHINO exactly as above

FAST ATTACK

DOMINION VETERAN SISTER SUPERIOR brazier of holy fire, CCW
5 DOMINIONS 4xflamer, 1xbolter
IMMOLATOR twin heavy flamers

SERAPHIM VETERAN SISTER SUPERIOR inferno pistol, CCW
5 SERAPHIM 2xinferno pistols, 3xbolt pistols

NOTE: I didn't increase thenumbers here, because as inferno pistols roll 2D6 within 3" anyway, divine guidance is, IMO, pretty pointless

HEAVY SUPPORT

RETRIBUTOR VETERAN SISTER SUPERIOR storm bolter
7 RETRIBUTORS 4xheavy bolter, 3xbolter (1ximagifer) Imagifer to make up for loss of models (divine guidance)

EXORCIST

EXORCIST

2003 points

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
ooohh that list :wub: :wub: :wub:

a few things though, seraphim are much better at anti-infintry so give em back their flamer pistols.

the rest i like but i'm not a big fan of the eviserator i know it's more exp but a blessed wep would be better and also both of them are 2 handed so the brazier is a waste.

also jus a quick rule check, don't domminions have to be mounted in a rhino, chimera or immolater

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
yup, dominions MUST have a transport. i saw it on the old list so idk if u forgot it or what.

also, the seraphim superior cant have an inferno pistol, its got the * saying only heroines can have em. Just go with a plasma pistol instead

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
in almost all cases yes it will. But definetly go with an eviscerator armed seraphim superior. that gives her a 18" ranged 3 S6 + 2D6 attacks that will most likely be hitting on 4+. In addition, you can boost her to S8 if you need it. The truth is that hand flamers are ungodly good on seraphim because they get plenty of hits and they can hit and run to ensure multiple shots.

In addition, the canoness w. inferno pistol can take it out earlier with BS5 shot

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
one more thing drop the preist he's taking up valuable realestate in your army and as ya havna taken anything that needs one is a complete points sink.

free up some points and lose the presit to get your self another flamer dommy squad !(come on come on u know you want too u know that 4 heavy flamers and 9 normal flamers is not nearly enough flame).

so in conclusion BURN EVERYTHING THAT MOVES AND MOST OF WHAT DOSN'T and if your not sure BURN IT AGAIN AND MAYBE A THIRD TIME JUS FOR GOOD MEASURE !!! and never forget to pray for devine guidence you never know who will be listening :shifty:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
damn right and while your at it reunite him with arcos, penteints and all other imperial cult relics you own DESTROY THEM ALL.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
mmmhmm thats right! said:
Thanks for all the advice (especially the brazier, and also the storm bolters, for some reason I was under the impression that they had a 12" range). Anyway, I have taken it all into account and edited my army list like so:

HQ

CANONESS eviscerator, brazier of holy fire, cloak of St. Aspira, litanies of faith (for getting that invulnerable save early in the game)
PRIEST eviscerator, power weapon, laspistol
OK so lets assume the priest dissaprears, the littanies would be far better on the other cannoness who is your primary assault cannoness and is more likely to get stood on her own
this entire squad could use frags as it is the most likely (asside from the serephim) to charge something, an imagifier would also be a good buy

CANONESS jump pack, inferno pistol, CCW, cloak of St. Aspira
(accompanies seraphim)
as above, give her littanies, do not join the serephim squad, hang around very near it, but you should hit occasions when you want the cannoness to charge and the serephim to hit and run

ELITES

INQUISITOR Storm bolter
SAGE
3 GUN SERVITORS heavy bolters

CALLIDUS ASSASSIN
your call but how many points you spending here? over 200? then why not get another sister squad?

TROOPS

9 BATTLE SISTERS 7xbolters, 1xheavy flamer, 1xflame

BATTLE SISTERS IN RHINO exactly as above
you are well low on troops, I would want atleast another squad, consider switching the power weapons with braziers, and consider adding imagifiers and frags (less important than the HQ)

FAST ATTACK

DOMINION VETERAN SISTER SUPERIOR brazier of holy fire, CCW
5 DOMINIONS 4xflamer, 1xbolter
IMMOLATOR twin heavy flamers
give the immolator extra armour and probably smoke

SERAPHIM VETERAN SISTER SUPERIOR inferno pistol, CCW
5 SERAPHIM 2xinferno pistols, 3xbolt pistols
if they are tank hunting then the cannoness doesnt need to be anywhere near them, be nice to up the numbers, be nicer still to go anti troop

NOTE: I didn't increase thenumbers here, because as inferno pistols roll 2D6 within 3" anyway, divine guidance is, IMO, pretty pointless
[/quote]
Firstly your cannoness doesnt need to be anywhere near these as they are tank hunters
secondly I prefer the eviscerator to the inferno pistol on the VSS
Other points - the unit is so small ti will break/get killed easily, that is the reason people are telling you to up the numbers, also DG is really for the more conventional use of serephim take flamers x2 and make as many of those templates hits AP1 as possible

HEAVY SUPPORT

RETRIBUTOR VETERAN SISTER SUPERIOR storm bolter
7 RETRIBUTORS 4xheavy bolter, 3xbolter (1ximagifer) Imagifer to make up for loss of models (divine guidance)

EXORCIST

EXORCIST

2003 points
Exorcists need extra armour
retributor? why?

Overall, I have suggested a lot of stuff that costs points, but the place to get this is your none sisters stuff which isnt really giving you that much

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
bite ur tongue retributers are a wh best friend next to flammy dommy's, flammy' seraphim and anythin else flammy

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
yeah but tanks can't win games on their own sooo........

·
Registered
65 Posts
Plague_00 said:
yeah but tanks can't win games on their own sooo........
Oh... they SO can.

Ever played against Guard? I swear to Bob, the three Leman Russ are what win the game every time for my opponent - and NOT his infantry platoons. A canny Guard player can neutralize threats to his tanks in turns 1 and 2, and have run of the board with his battle cannons for the entire game; then zoom about 12" in the final turns with his undamaged tanks to grab objectives - all the while not caring that every fleshy target he has is already wiped out. Add in a Chimera or three to distract you from the Russes...

Oh, yeah... Tanks can win games by themselves alright.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
yeah but guard are freaks

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Clearly tanks can win games, ever played an armoured company?

That said we have tools for dealing with tanks in any squad, problem is it detracts from what they are best at, so these should only be taken to suppliment our main AT option - the good old exorcist,

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
or the good old 2 exorcists.

just out of curiosity can we still make diy tanks using the vehicle design rules equipped withan exorcist launcher?

·
LO Zealot
1,331 Posts
Predators with twin-linked lascannons and heavy bolter sponsens, I love the tank, but it seems these days that people don't use them.

Anyways Tanks can easily win games, you have stuff like the monolith, predators, leman russ, exorcist, hammerheads.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts