Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new to witch hunters and 40k and have come up with a 2k list.
please coment and nit pic! im also 12 points over, any ideas on how drop them.

HQ
Celestine the living saint – 201 pts

Canoness with Blessed weapon, Cloak of st.Aspira, jump pack, Book of st.Lucius, Melta bombs – 125 pts
Troops
x10 Sisters of battle – 217 pts
VSS (with book of st.Lucius and melta bombs), flamer, heavy flamer
Transport: Rhino with hunter-killer missile

x10 Sisters of battle – 217 pts
VSS (with book of st.Lucius and melta bombs), flamer, heavy flamer

x10 Sisters of battle – 214 pts
VSS (with book of st.Lucius), 2 melta guns

Fast attack
X10 seraphims – 269 pts
VSS (with Eviscerator) x2 twin flamers

X10 seraphims – 274 pts
VSS (with Eviscerator and book of st.Lucius ) x2 twin flamers

Heavy support
Exorcist with pintle-mounted storm bolter, hunter-killer missile, extra armour – 165 pts
Exorcist with pintle-mounted storm bolter, hunter-killer missile, extra armour – 165 pts

all coments appreciated, thanx in advance

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Good selections overall, but 2012 is an odd size for an army list. 12 points is an awfully lot to be over by if it's a 2,000 pt game.

I really don't think you can play 2,000 pts with only 3 troops units though. If you drop all the expensive extras that don't do much off the exorcists and down size the seraphim a bit you should be able to fit in a 4th Sister Squad. You really need that additional objective taker for a game that size.

And also of course don't forget the frag grenades on your canoness ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good selections overall, but 2012 is an odd size for an army list. 12 points is an awfully lot to be over by if it's a 2,000 pt game.

I really don't think you can play 2,000 pts with only 4 troops units though. If you drop all the expensive extras that don't do much off the exorcists and down size the seraphim a bit you should be able to fit in a 4th Sister Squad. You really need that additional objective taker for a game that size.

And also of course don't forget the frag grenades on your canoness ;)
ok, taken into account what you've said and im changing. I have a few rules questions, what do frag grenades, melta bombs and power fists. and what does crew shaken and crew stunned?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Dude, do you own a rulebook? Its illegal to give out rules online, just lets say meltabombs are great for taking out vehicles in combat.

The easiest way to drop 12pts is to switch the heavy flamers on your sister squads for regular flamers, the difference is pretty low, and if you need to drop pts its an easy switch.

Hunter killers are a collosal waste of pts, I'd drop them and equip your rhinos with ext armour, smoke and dozers.

You also need another troop choice, either I would drop one of the exorcists or a seraphim squad. I would get rid of an exorcist as their vehicle killing power isn't going to be enough to get rid of the bigger vehicles (Land raiders, Leman Russ, Monolith etc) you see in multiples at 2k level. Exorcists are fine for taking out transports or sentinels/war walkers but they don't cut it against the heavier stuff.

The seraphim should be able to provide some anti-tank cover as well, with melta bombs and their inherent speed, so they're a much better choice to keep in.

If you're still looking for pts to get back I'd drop the eviscerators on the seraphim superiors, and I don't think you really need to give books of St Lucius to everyone who can take wargear. Oh and make sure your Canoness has a Litanies of Faith, a free automatic faith act is well worth the cost.

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
If you're still looking for pts to get back I'd drop the eviscerators on the seraphim superiors, and I don't think you really need to give books of St Lucius to everyone who can take wargear.
Yes you do! best 5 pts spent in all of 40K, never leave home without it ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude, do you own a rulebook? Its illegal to give out rules online, just lets say meltabombs are great for taking out vehicles in combat.

The easiest way to drop 12pts is to switch the heavy flamers on your sister squads for regular flamers, the difference is pretty low, and if you need to drop pts its an easy switch.

Hunter killers are a collosal waste of pts, I'd drop them and equip your rhinos with ext armour, smoke and dozers.

You also need another troop choice, either I would drop one of the exorcists or a seraphim squad. I would get rid of an exorcist as their vehicle killing power isn't going to be enough to get rid of the bigger vehicles (Land raiders, Leman Russ, Monolith etc) you see in multiples at 2k level. Exorcists are fine for taking out transports or sentinels/war walkers but they don't cut it against the heavier stuff.

The seraphim should be able to provide some anti-tank cover as well, with melta bombs and their inherent speed, so they're a much better choice to keep in.

If you're still looking for pts to get back I'd drop the eviscerators on the seraphim superiors, and I don't think you really need to give books of St Lucius to everyone who can take wargear. Oh and make sure your Canoness has a Litanies of Faith, a free automatic faith act is well worth the cost.
ok i changed it abit (mainly by reducing the size of the seraphim squads. i now have left 60points, any ideas of what to spemd it on, im also not sure weather to replace one of the exorcists with a 4HB retributor squad?

HQ

Canoness with Blessed weapon, Cloak of st.Aspira, jump pack, Book of st.Lucius, Melta bombs – 125 pts
Troops
x10 Sisters of battle – 205 pts
VSS (with melta bombs), flamer, heavy flamer
Transport: Rhino with smoke launchers and extra armour

x10 sisters of battle – 205 pts

x10 Sisters of battle – 202 pts
VSS, 2 melta guns

Fast attack
X5 seraphims – 159 pts

X5 seraphims – 173 pts

Heavy support

Exorcist with hunter-killer missile, extra armour – 155 pts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Extra armour is only really worth taking on transport tank, whether an exorcist can move or not is slightly irrelevant if it can't shoot. That will save you 15pts.

I think you might have misunderstood my point about the melta bombs, giving them to individual characters is a bit pointless because the unit can only place a single bomb if they get into combat with the vehicle. Seraphim can be upgraded to have meltabombs at +4pts a model, which means every model in the unit can place a bomb, which gives you a very good chance of destroying the tank. Plus seraphim's ability to deepstrike and rapid movement makes them ideal vehicle hunters.

And please enlighten me about the books of St Lucius, I'm thinking I must be missing something, every squad can use its veteran superior's Ld anyway right? So given there are no squads which don't have a book, who exactly is going to benefit from the 6" ld bubble? I mean I could maybe understand it on the canoness if you had pts to burn, but on squad leaders as well? Its not like every squad isn't Ld 9 anyway.

I still think a 3rd exorcist is overkill, they can't kill big vehicles anyway, anything with A14 can only be glanced anyway. I guess if your opponent gorged himself on transport tanks and other light vehicles, but otherwise why?

I would go for cutting down on your book of St Lucius, and dropping the 3rd exorcist for a multimelting immolator with a squad of melta Dominions inside

·
3,395 Posts
And please enlighten me about the books of St Lucius, I'm thinking I must be missing something, every squad can use its veteran superior's Ld anyway right?
The strength of the book of St Lucius is that you use your unmodified leadership value for tests.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
guys, regarding a witch hunters veteran sister superior does she count as a Adepta Sororitas Heroine or a Adepta Sororitas? (im thinking of the Litanies of faith wargear)

·
Registered
476 Posts
guys, regarding a witch hunters veteran sister superior does she count as a Adepta Sororitas Heroine or a Adepta Sororitas? (im thinking of the Litanies of faith wargear)
No, Adepta Sororitas Heroine is an HQ selection.
----------
HQ
I dont like celestine, she does not do anything a regular canoness can do for fewer points and less risk.

I would maybe skip melta bombs, just give her frags and maybe Mantle, you do want her to live longer.

Troops

x10 sisters of battle – 205 pts

VSS, 2 melta guns
I would actually keep the hunter-seeker missiles, they do pay off in a tournament, no one expects them, and if you face a lot of low-armour vehicles they will prove very useful, just make sure to know when to use them and when to just go flat out.
Fast attack
X5 seraphims – 159 pts

X5 seraphims – 173 pts

I like 7-8 member squads, they are much easier to roll for faith.

Heavy support

Extra armour is very fancy for an exorcist, you can spend these points elsewhere.
Maybe you could try droping celestine, buffing one seraphim squad and get an inquisitor with mystics, such a large army is bound to fight something with deep strike.
And maybe get an assassin, they are a small surprise for the enemy when they arrive, and if you play them well they can tilt battle significantly in your favour.

Hope this helped,
cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok so here's the list at the moment but there are a few problems. i took into account what WhiteRussian said, i have increased the ammount of seraphim in the squads for faith tests. i love the celestine model and her special rules seem amazing to me (but ive only been playing for a month).
i added littanies of faith too my canoness but now after adding 4 seraphims (2 to each squad) i am 55 pts over, i can get rid of these points in lots of different ways but i dont know what the best way would be.
coments please.
HQ

Canoness with Blessed weapon, Cloak of St.Aspira, Litanies of Faith, Jump pack, Book of St.Lucius, Melta bombs – 150 pts
Troops
x10 Sisters of battle – 200 pts
VSS, flamer, heavy flamer

x10 sisters of battle – 200 pts

VSS, 2 melta guns

Fast attack
X7 seraphims – 223 pts
VSS (with Eviscerator) x2 twin flamers x5 melta bombs

X7 seraphims – 228 pts
VSS (with Eviscerator and book of st.Lucius) x2 twin flamers x5 melta bombs

Heavy support

Exorcist with hunter-killer missile – 150 pts

x7 retributors – 151 pts
veteran, 4x heavy bolters

·
3,395 Posts
You could change the melta sisters to a smaller unit of melta celestians, likewise a squad of seraphim could be downsized as an inferno pistol squad - depends on how you like to use those units.

You could probably live without quite so many meltabombs and HK missiles too.

Celestine's cool until she gets killed, then she's not so cool. If only you could get a vanilla seraphim HQ choice with her statline... :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You could change the melta sisters to a smaller unit of melta celestians, likewise a squad of seraphim could be downsized as an inferno pistol squad - depends on how you like to use those units.

You could probably live without quite so many meltabombs and HK missiles too.

Celestine's cool until she gets killed, then she's not so cool. If only you could get a vanilla seraphim HQ choice with her statline... :(
yeh that would be nice lol. i personaly mainly play SM,eldar,ig, necrons and 'nids. all have lots of vehicals or high toughness models so they end up being invaluble :) i relly need tho's 4 squds of sob's, there is still that problem of the 55 extra points. any suggestions

·
3,395 Posts
all have lots of vehicals or high toughness models so they end up being invaluble :)
Sounds like shrinking a seraphim squad down to an inferno-pistol tank hunter squad would work, they can put a lot of hurt on vehicle squadrons.

I've played flame seraphim more than a few times and the devastation they cause is great fun, but i've gotten as much use out of the small, safe inv save, easy to hide inferno seraphims hunting things like defilers, landraiders, and transports while not gouging me for faith like the flame sisters do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds like shrinking a seraphim squad down to an inferno-pistol tank hunter squad would work, they can put a lot of hurt on vehicle squadrons.

I've played flame seraphim more than a few times and the devastation they cause is great fun, but i've gotten as much use out of the small, safe inv save, easy to hide inferno seraphims hunting things like defilers, landraiders, and transports while not gouging me for faith like the flame sisters do.
so how many would you recomend in one of tho's squads, with 2 inferno pistols? what do you think i should get rid of to bring my points back down?
have you got any good tips and tactics for my list, mainly against orks,space marines, eldar and 'nids?

·
3,395 Posts
so how many would you recomend in one of tho's squads, with 2 inferno pistols?
No specific tips really, I just use a small (5 girl) melta & evis squad when i'm looking to save points and faith for the mounted sisters - i've found that flamer seraphim really burn through faith.
The 'tank hunter' seraphim tend to use faith more economically and the first couple of casualties don't really affect it at all.

It's a matter of taste, but they are worth taking in a game or two to get the feel for them. Keep them out of fire lanes as they jump forwards and let your opponent worry about how to deal with them.

have you got any good tips and tactics for my list, mainly against orks,space marines, eldar and 'nids?
Again nothing specific, just the usual mech sisters 'roll into range and try to annihilate whole units in a crossfire while shielding the sisters from assault with positioning/rhinos'.

I tend to take a good long look at high mobility units (jump packs, bikes, etc), particularly in regards to units that might either be trying to bait me out of my transport, or looking to run in after their friends pop the transport - but I make no claims to be an expert on WH tatcics :p

Edit : One note, I sometimes grab up a brazier of holy fire for my seraphim VVS, and less frequently a brazier or combi flamer for my sisters - I realize you are trying to cut points here though so something to try at a later date :)

·
LO Zealot
1,552 Posts
ok so here's the list at the moment but there are a few problems. i took into account what WhiteRussian said, i have increased the ammount of seraphim in the squads for faith tests. i love the celestine model and her special rules seem amazing to me (but ive only been playing for a month).
i added littanies of faith too my canoness but now after adding 4 seraphims (2 to each squad) i am 55 pts over, i can get rid of these points in lots of different ways but i dont know what the best way would be.
coments please.
HQ

Canoness with Blessed weapon, Cloak of St.Aspira, Litanies of Faith, Jump pack, Book of St.Lucius, Melta bombs – 150 pts
Troops

x10 sisters of battle – 200 pts

VSS, 2 melta guns

Fast attack
X7 seraphims – 223 pts
VSS (with Eviscerator) x2 twin flamers x5 melta bombs

X7 seraphims – 228 pts
VSS (with Eviscerator and book of st.Lucius) x2 twin flamers x5 melta bombs

Heavy support

x7 retributors – 151 pts
veteran, 4x heavy bolters
Drop the hunter killer missiles on the exorcists, drop the melta bombs on both the seraphim, trade in two of the flamers for two twin inferno pistols on one of the seraphim squads, gets books of st. lucius on every squad (I can't tell you how important this peice of wargear is, just take it on any squad thats can use it. Drops the Melta bombs on the cannoness, this should leave you with about 15 points I think.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Drop the hunter killer missiles on the exorcists, drop the melta bombs on both the seraphim, trade in two of the flamers for two twin inferno pistols on one of the seraphim squads, gets books of st. lucius on every squad (I can't tell you how important this peice of wargear is, just take it on any squad thats can use it. Drops the Melta bombs on the cannoness, this should leave you with about 15 points I think.
with seraphim, how do you get ones with inferno pistols cus i cant find any

1 - 20 of 20 Posts