Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Returning Lawman!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I have become privy to a tidbit of interesting information. The Witch Hunters and Daemon Hunters books have been officially pulled by Games Workshop. They are still selling what they have, but they will not be producing any more. As far as I know stores are also unable to order any more (I am not sure if this is just Independent Stockists, or all GW stores). And have been asked to stop selling any they have left over in the next 6 months. How do I know this? It was told me, hot off the press, by a very reliable source. (Make of this as you will. And no, its not a games workshop store manager. :p)

Now, i'll leave you all to decide what this means, but I think it means at very least, we needed an Inquisition rumour thread. Heres hoping. :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sounds interesting. They're probably doing one of two things, getting rid of them for a release sometime next year or in early 2011 (if we go on the 1 codex every 6 months theory, then it could be june/july or late next year, who knows...someone does), OR be doing the Dark Eldar thing where they don't even have the books anymore (similar to the way you couldn't get the old SW codex for a while) and we'll have to wait years for an update.

Definitely worth a rumor thread.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think we should also consider if they did something similar to pulling all the books for say...tyranids. We then could look and see "Oh, they stopped producing new tyranid books X months ago." With this knowledge we could better estimate when we should expect to see a new inquisition book. Otherwise they might just be doing what they did to dark eldar like DogofWar said.

So if anyone knows how long ago they stopped printing new tyranid books, that might be helpful for the situation.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Hmm. I though the general (possibly incorrect though) consensus was that we couldn't expect a new Witch Hunters book until somewhere in 2011. Seems a bit early to be pulling the existing books now...

Then again, I guess these have never been the most popular armies, and they'd probably have enough stock on hand to last until 2011. So maybe it is a sign of movement somewhere within the pipeline.

On a personal note, this happened to me with Vampire Counts - I started building a VC army and they released a new book on me four months after that. I do have some Witch Hunter minis around the place somewhere - anyone want me to start work on them now, in case I've got some freakish latent ability to influence GW production schedules? :p

·
Returning Lawman!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, another small update. Games Workshop 'Cannot give any official information at this time', but theoretically, if a new book WAS in the presses, then we would be looking at 3rd or 4th quarter 2010 at the EARLIEST. Theoretically, of course. ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
On a personal note, this happened to me with Vampire Counts - I started building a VC army and they released a new book on me four months after that. I do have some Witch Hunter minis around the place somewhere - anyone want me to start work on them now, in case I've got some freakish latent ability to influence GW production schedules? :p
Well If your taking requests then I wouldn't mind if you started up a huge necron hoard or maybe worked on a few Black Templar minis :dance:

T.G.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Oh, another small update. Games Workshop 'Cannot give any official information at this time', but theoretically, if a new book WAS in the presses, then we would be looking at 3rd or 4th quarter 2010 at the EARLIEST. Theoretically, of course. ;)
That would be early enough for me... I wouldn't really mind 2011, but that's with the new nid dex coming out as well, which will take a lot of time off my hands...

·
Registered
593 Posts
I talked to a guy around mid august who's good friends with some of the GW US sales guys, and White Dwarf publishing staff (so he told me), who told me when he played against my Sisters to expect a new codex by 4th quarter 2010.

it jives a bit with some of the other rumors I've seen elsewhere (BoLS via Farseer, and YTTH via Dakka) stating the rumored realease schedule to be:
Nids
Blood Angels
Forces of the Imperium (Inquisition)

I'm going to guess about 4 month interval on releases.

I'm waiting patiently to see what transpires.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm interested as much in when they bring it out as what its contents are. Will it just be Sisters, or will it just be Grey Knights, or will it be some combination of those 2 (it goes without saying that inquisitors get in either). What will be interesting is how they shift inquisitors if they combine the two codices into one.

And I'm not surprised by the 3rd or 4th quarter thing either, that's probably as early as it'll be.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
This is better then nothing to be honest. They really haven't done much with =][= at all recently and even acknowledging that there are books is something, even if it is to say "Well.. no one needs this anymore..." From there it would end up as bathroom material and someone will see it, thumb through it and say "Hey... I've got some cool ideas to make this a bit better!"

>.>

·
Tyranid Warrior Fanatic
2,668 Posts
Sounds interesting. They're probably doing one of two things, getting rid of them for a release sometime next year or in early 2011 (if we go on the 1 codex every 6 months theory, then it could be june/july or late next year, who knows...someone does), OR be doing the Dark Eldar thing where they don't even have the books anymore (similar to the way you couldn't get the old SW codex for a while) and we'll have to wait years for an update.

Definitely worth a rumor thread.
^Just to make a point, I can still walk into my local GW and buy a DE codex.

One thing to point out about the Inq books... The SW book was pulled a couple of years before the current codex came out. Even if they did pull the inq books it still doesn't mean that new inq armies will come out soon. I'm sorry to be a downer, but if you don't expect much then you don't get disappointed very often.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Looks like I'll have to buy up what I need to finish off the army before they start pulling the models too; I remember being crushed when they pulled all the metal daemonettes. The plastic replacements weren't bad, but nowhere near as good as their metal predecessors.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looks like I'll have to buy up what I need to finish off the army before they start pulling the models too; I remember being crushed when they pulled all the metal daemonettes. The plastic replacements weren't bad, but nowhere near as good as their metal predecessors.
Boobies?

And thanks for the info guys, my friend plays Daemonhunters and I'm sure this is some information he should heed.

·
Registered
174 Posts
LOL I'd be a liar if I said it wasn't a factor, but honestly it was more about the faces and the sort of tentacle hair. I just thought they were more tempting, and that's what slaanesh is all about.

Back to the Witch Hunters though- two of the units that you see discussed in the WH forums all the time are the repentia and the penitent engines; they're great models, but people continually talk about how hard it is for them to survive long enough to impact the battle (PE) or how ,any points it costs to field them (repentia). I'm worried that GW will try to solve the problem by excluding them from the new list, especially if they try to combine the codexes.

Also, if they do pull the models, how long before we get new ones? I'm still waiting for seekers of Slaanesh, and gw pulled perfectly good models prior to the release of the codex. I still don't understand how that decision was good business sense, given that I'm still waiting two years later.

As for the daemon hunters, I think grey knight terminators are the coolest space marine models ever made, and I don't think theres anyway to improve them.

·
Returning Lawman!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As for the daemon hunters, I think grey knight terminators are the coolest space marine models ever made, and I don't think theres anyway to improve them.
Well, they could bring them into scale with the current terminators, making them ever so slightly bigger.

And maybe plastic? (Aha, cause THAT will happen. :p)

I'm interested as much in when they bring it out as what its contents are. Will it just be Sisters, or will it just be Grey Knights, or will it be some combination of those 2 (it goes without saying that inquisitors get in either). What will be interesting is how they shift inquisitors if they combine the two codices into one.

And I'm not surprised by the 3rd or 4th quarter thing either, that's probably as early as it'll be.
If I had to guess (And this is just speculation now), I am going to say Codex: Inquisition is most likely, seeings as they have pulled both books at the same time. To me, that implies that they are working on them simultaneously, which seems like a combined book is most likely.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
And with a bit of luck the 3rd ordo will be in there as well...

·
Registered
174 Posts
It would have to be a huge book to do all three ordos justice. Not saying it isn't possible, but it would be tough. There's a good chance that something really cool will get overlooked if they try to do all three in one book, although I do think this is probably the route they will take.

Prepare to be "streamlined" or "simplified"

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Hrm.... new GKTs... ANyone else want new Stormshields with NFW? o.o

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah I'd agree that they'll condense them as best as possible. In the last ten years they've been casually stripping away at unique army lists and merging them with others whilst still leaving an option to play a fluffy list (Eldar Craftworlds, Chaos Legions). So I imagine it'll be something similar, grey knights, sisters and deathwatch (the latter two in plastic hopefully) backed up by storm troopers and a hell of a large range of HQs. Whether it be that there are separate slots per ordo or a LOT of wargear/upgrade options I imagine it'll be the HQ that makes the list. Maybe an option to make your inquisitor puritan/radical, grey knights keepiong away from daemonhosts etc. ??

SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!!!!

·
2,076 Posts
The easiest option is to put all units from 3 ordos in the one list
maybe make it so that you can take one of the elites options as troops depending on HQ you pick.

I'd like to see Deathwatch become legal again.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.