Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tyranid Warrior Fanatic
2,668 Posts
Sounds interesting. They're probably doing one of two things, getting rid of them for a release sometime next year or in early 2011 (if we go on the 1 codex every 6 months theory, then it could be june/july or late next year, who knows...someone does), OR be doing the Dark Eldar thing where they don't even have the books anymore (similar to the way you couldn't get the old SW codex for a while) and we'll have to wait years for an update.

Definitely worth a rumor thread.
^Just to make a point, I can still walk into my local GW and buy a DE codex.

One thing to point out about the Inq books... The SW book was pulled a couple of years before the current codex came out. Even if they did pull the inq books it still doesn't mean that new inq armies will come out soon. I'm sorry to be a downer, but if you don't expect much then you don't get disappointed very often.

·
Tyranid Warrior Fanatic
2,668 Posts
The question is, if you are looking at buying a grey knight army are you best waiting till the new models/codex?
Considering all the models are currently metal and that they would probably be coming out with much cheaper plastics, I would have to say yes.

·
Tyranid Warrior Fanatic
2,668 Posts
Generally, the quality improves with each iteration as well. There have, of coarse, been some notable exceptions (daemonettes of slaanesh). Personally, I love the look of the Grey Knight terminators, but I've heard that they aren't the same scale as new ones and look tiny in comparison. If they could keep the same design but just make them bigger and a bit more posable, I'd love to get my hands on some. But if they change the design, I'll be kicking myself for not buying the metal ones when I had the chance, just like I ended up doing with the daemonettes.

It would be nice if the kept the old ones available online for about two weeks after the release of a new range so that people could choose whether to buy the old or the new having seen both.
The size difference between a new termy and a GKT isn't that big. GKT were already bigger than old terminators so you don't notice unless you put new termies and GKT side by size and look closely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.