Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
As the Grey Knights are Daemonhunters, the Sisters are WitchHunters.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wrong. Grey Knights are more of a militant part of the Daemonhunters- the Daemonhunters themselves are daemonhunters, they enlist the help of the Grey Knights, The Imperial Guard and the other Space Marine chapters.

I imagine it is a similar situation with the Sisters of Battle and the Witch hunters.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Witchhunter's are just an easy way for gw to classify them and give them new rules without introducing a codex. In the 40k world they are not known as Whitch Hunters (although that is one of the things they do). In GW yes the Sister's will be classified as an army under the witch hunters ('under the witch hunters codex'), but as with demonhunters the grey knights are an army of their own. It's just an easy way for GW to add or create other little bits and pieces.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Witchhunters are no more a new army then Deamonhunters is a new army

Witchhunters just are a branch or the Inquistion and they have there own inquistitors and retinue and the Sisters are there military as the grey knights are the military of the Ordo Malleus.

·
Registered
857 Posts
In addition to all stated above, Witch Hunters are a way to make the sisters conform to their fluff as fanatacists more, as well as give GW an excuse to allow them to take Inquisitors. None of that matters, though, when you open a brightly wrapped X-Mas present and see a shiny, new, plastic-wrapped Penitent Engine in its box. That's right up there with the puppy you got when you were five as "best gift ever."

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
I think not, I cant even mention my 'best gift ever', but more importantly when is the PE due out, I though, from Mels posts that it would be around april (conviniently near my birthday)

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
No it believe it is Holy Grundies - opinions vary but it is either a tiger skin pattern thong or big white Y-fronts once worn by the emporer, they can be worn on the head of a single SOB HQ independant charcter - in game terms, acts like a holy relic, also produces a deadly smell which has similar effects to Nurgles Rot

·
Registered
531 Posts
That would be cool holy hand grenades like in monty python. :D

·
Registered
857 Posts
Holy thong? That's bad, right there. They're freakin' nuns! I only want one of those Iron Thrones or whatever. The one with the withered Inquisitor in the seat and the shoulder-mounted Gun Servitors.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
For what it is worth, My serephim Vet Sister Superior pictured (from the neck up) in my avatar is actually modeling the holy thong, I was getting quite carried away with converting her, so I filled in the vents in the thighs and back of her knees in her powered armour with green stuff and did the thys flesh coloured, this works really really well, my opponents are usually so distracted by her that I can play merry hell, so the holy thong it self works rather like a Banshees mask

·
Registered
506 Posts
Originally posted by Inquisitor Lord Saber@Nov 15 2003, 07:26
will u be able to add witch hunters in a deamonhunters army?
Hmmmm...good point, well i know you can have demonhunters with the sisters, and if sisters are gonna come under witchhunters then I would say yes.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I cant wait for the new codex. My roomate will come home, and see a whole bunch of blood and guts on the floor and walls. Then he will know that the Witch hunters codex is out, for I will have exploded (literally) with excitement.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.