Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, I'm new to Warriors of Chaos but thinking of entering a local 1500 point tournament. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. My list is as follows:

Chaos Sorcerer 210
Level 2
Tzeench
Skull of Katam
Bloodcurdling Roar

Chaos Sorcerer 205
Level 2
Tzeench
Spell Familiar
Blood of Tzeench
Conjoined Homunculus

12 Chaos Warriors 252
Shields
Khorne
Full Command

12 Chaos Warriors 252
Shields
Khorne
Full Command

5 Chaos Knights 285
Banner of Rage
Full Command

Chaos Warshrine 150
Tzeench

5 Marauder Horsemen 135
Light Armour
Flails
Throwing Axes
Full Command

Total = 1489

·
Registered
180 Posts
First i believe each of your characters can only have one arcane item each, and blood of tzeentch and spell familiar are both arcane items. I would take mark of tzeentch off the warshrine, giving it a 3+ ward instead of a 4+ isn't that great, its already so tough i would instead give it slaanesh as it is cheaper and you will probably lose your shrine from fleeing from terror, or losing and being outnumbered by fear, or panic, not by having it actually get beat down. I wouldn't put a full command on the marauder horsemen, they will always die and always give up that standard for a free 100 VP, also the champion is ok, not really worth the 12 pts. I would just put in a musician. for recovery. Also take out homunculus, its really not worth taking the stupidity test on ld 8 the next turn. With some of the saved points you could either put in some hounds, those guys are useful, or mount a wizard on a steed giving him a 2+ AS and another strength 4 attack.

·
367 Posts
If it was me i would do something like this

Sorcerer lvl 2 MoS, Steed, Power Familiar, Dispel Scroll
Sorcerer lvl 2, MoS, Steed, Book of Secrets, Dispel Scroll
Exalted, MoS, BSB, Steed, Doom Totem, Shield, Flail

20 Marauders, MoS, FC, Light Armour, Shields
5 Marauder Horse, MoS, Muso
5 Marauder Horse, MoS, Muso

5 Chaos Knights, MoS, Standard
5 Chaos Knights, MoS, Standard

1 WarShrine, MoS

Bust after saying that Slaanesh is the one lore i have not experimented with much and i think it has good potential. If you think there will be allot of Vamps and Daemons then choose another lore. If you think there will be allot of DE, HE, WoC, Empire, Skaven ect then take Slaanesh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I'll probably be playing tomb kings, empire, dwarves, dark elves and orcs so any suggestions with regard to this is super.

I've thought about the MoS but never really thought of it as an amazing mark, when on wizards Tzeench gives a ward save and +1 to cast, and on units Khorne makes them uber-killing machines. Even Nurgle makes them less likely to get shot to pieces but Slanesh.... i just dont see it as that useful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.