Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I made a 1000 pts list, but i'm not sure about how it will work. Especially the core i'm not sure about.
C & C welcome:)

Mors

Heroes:

Exalted champ.
- Book of Sectrets
- Favour of the Gods

140 pts

Sorcerer
- Lvl 2
- Power stone

140 pts

Sorcerer
- Lvl 2
- Blood of Tzeentch

150 pts

Core:

Warriors (12x)
- 2nd hand weapon
- Full commmand
- Banner of Rage

257 pts

Marauders (20x)
- Standard

88 pts

Special:

Chaos ogre (3x)
- Chaos armour
- Two hand weapon
- Mutant ogre

170 pts

Rare:

Spawn

xx pts

Total 997 pts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Heroes:

Exalted champ.
- Book of Sectrets
- Favour of the Gods

140 pts

Sorcerer
- Lvl 2
- Power stone

140 pts

Sorcerer
- Lvl 2
- Blood of Tzeentch

150 pts

You're heroes are spead to thin imo, if you want magic heavy, only 2 sorcerers, no exalted, if you want combat, the exalted and a naked sorcer with 2 dispell scrolls

Core:

Warriors (12x)
- 2nd hand weapon
- Full commmand
- Banner of Rage

275 pts

Not a bad choice, shields would be better since thier banner of rage gives them a huge ammount of attacks anyway.

Marauders (20x)
- Standard

88 pts

Special:

Chaos ogre (3x)
- Chaos armour
- Two hand weapon
- Mutant ogre

If you really want ogres, then thats fine, but they really arent effective in 1000 point games, drop this and the spawn for another block of warriors, I feel like 12 warriors can do way more than 3 ogres ever will.

170 pts

Rare:

Spawn

xx pts

Spawn are less than effective I would say, for 20 points more you get 5 marauder horesman with flails, and they can protect your flanks much more easily.

Total 997 pts
Ok, ive made some suggestions above, and ill make some others down here, if you're fielding warriors, they you'll need to protect the flanks and from shooting. Two blocks of warriors will do well againts most enemies, but they cant do it alone. 2 warrior blocks backed by a large block of 15-20 marauders should do the trick. As faras heroes go, I like your builds, but you'll probably want to protect them, either with barded steeds or a disk of tzneetch, you also are slightly lacking in power dice, 6 seems like alot, but you can field 9 just as easily by dropping the exalted. Plus, even at 1000 points, everyone, and I mean everyone, will try to shoot you. A way to remedy this is by using hounds, 1-2 units of hounds will delay shooting into your warriors 1-2 turns, just enough time to get into your oppositions ranks. Another major issue is flank protection and baiting, you have the banner of rage on your warriors, which means that a maybe 50- 75 point unit will have your warriors running all over the board, which means they will get shot even more, plus it always sucks to have a bunch of softies from the empire (just an example) running into your flanks and giving you tough warriors a whipping, wo you'll need some protection out there, spawn are usually too eratic in thier movement speed to be effective at this, so out role the marauder horseman, at 75 points they can be strenth 5 first round of combat, and are fast cav. you can even make them the mark of khorne so they really hurt people.

You'll probably looking at something like this:

Sorcerer = 180
MoT
Disk
Book of Secrets
Lvl 2

Sorcerer = 161
Steed
Level 2
Power Familliar

Core:

12 warriors = 222
shields
Mark of Nurgle

12 warriors = 202
shields
Musician

20 Marauders = 100
Great weapons

5 hounds = xxx

5 hounds = xxx

5 marauder horseman
flails

Hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, the list you made is probably much better, but if I should make that list, I'll have to buy about the whole army, and I don't have that amout of money actually:p The only stuff I would have is the Sorcerer on steed...:p But i think i'll drop the exalted, join in some hounds, won't give the marauders great weapons (the marauders I own only have shields) And I think i switch the banner of Rage for the Banner of wrath, is this usefull? The warriors i already gave 2 hand weapons. Maybe i'll also join in some marauder horseman, i don't know. And maybe some more warriors (with shields this time i think) I was also planning to buy some warhounds, so they'll be probably in the list.
I'll just name the stuff i have from chaos:
- Exalted champion
- Sorcerer on steed
- 2 Sorcerer without steeds (Battle wizards from the empire, i'm trying to make them look like chaos a bit, they're are cheaper, i think, and I don't like the chaos sorcerer on foot models)
- 2 Spawns
- Giant
- 5 Chaos knights
- 12 warriors
- 20 marauders
- 2 Chaos ogres (with a mutant ogre - I converted this one, like he was given some mutations from the gods, because he fights for them or something (I got him with just one arm, so i had to:p))

I think that's pretty much it,

Thanks for help,

Mors

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made a new list:

Sorcerer
- Lvl. 2
- Blood of Tzeentch

150 pts

Sorcerer
- Lvl. 2
- Power Stone

140 pts

Warriors (12x)
- 2nd Hand weapon
- Full command
- Blasted standard

Total pts = 262

Warriors (12x)
- Shields
- Full commmand

Total pts = 222 pts

Marauders (20x) = xx pts

Marauder Horseman (5x)
- Flails

Total = 75 pts

Marauder Horseman (5x)
- Throwing spears

Total pts = 70 pts

Total pts = 999 pts

I hope this list is better:)

C & C welcome

Mors

·
Registered
185 Posts
The list is much better, but just some corrections, spears are better than throwing spears, +1 strenght is better than a strength 3 missiles, and with the throwing spears, a musician is almost manditory, so 6 extra points is :( , your marauders will need something, anything, to save them from shooting, or at least great weapons, and maybe slaanesh, no panic is :D , you probably don't need the champs on the warrior blocks, and thiers nothing wrong with marking your sorcerers, nurgle is great on foot, buboes is amazing, maybe one of the best basic spells in the game, and a power familiar is better than a power stone, +2 dice one time isn't as good as +1 power die every turn, and is only 5 points more.

Ok here it goes:

Sorcerer: 140
Nurgle
Level 2

Sorcerer: 165
Nurgle
Level 2
Book of Secrets

Sorcerer: 181
Tzneetch
Level 2
Power Familiar
Steed

3 level 2 sorcerers! Yikes!

11 warrioirs of chaos: 176
shields

11 warriors of chaos: 176
shields

15 marauders: 60
Shields

5 marauder horseman: 75
flails

hounds (optional, if you cant get them thats fine, you can switch them out for a power familiar on the nurgle sorcerer without the book)

The sorcerers go in the warrior blocks, and the steed is by himself, you should have a good ammount of units, and the plan here is to let the magic open a hole in the enemies lines before you get into combat, feel free to move stuff around to fit your play style.

this list is ridiculous, with 10 (11) power dice to use, and 7 spells available, there shouldn't be much you cant get off, and if you dont like the spells you get, you can use 2 buboes, 1 fireball/ dark hand of death, and flickering fire, that would hurt man, really bad.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, i think i'll drop the makrs on the sorcerers (didn't paint them like that), and the full command groups are usefull for if i expand my army, because i was planning to use a warshrine (and i think full commmand groups almost have to be in a group of warriors of chaos, don't really konw why) and i think i'll swap the shield from one group warriors for two hand weapons, because i allready glued them like that (another reason why i have a full commmand group in the list:p) And i'll see what i'll do with the other points.
Thanks, list looks nice

Thanks for the help so far:)

Mors

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
And what about this list? (Based on yours:))
Sorcerer
- Lvl. 2
- Steed
- Power familiar
- Book of secrets

Total pts = 186

Sorcerer
- Lvl. 2

Total pts = 120

Sorcerer
- Lvl. 2

Total pts = 120

11 warriors
- Standard bearer
- Two hand weapons

Total pts = 188

11 warriors
- Standard bearer
- Shields

Total pts = 188

20 Marauders
- Light armour
- Shields

Total pts = 120

5 Marauders Horseman
- Flails

Total pts = 75

Total pts = 997 (whole army)

Good enough?

Thanks,

Mors

·
Registered
185 Posts
Very nice, works well, and is very effective, I would suggest moving the familiar to another sorcerer, because the one on the steed will get 4 power dice while the others only get 2, bit thats just my opinion... otherwise it should be quite effective.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But then there's more change for him to cast his spell obtained by the book of secrets right? And he kinda hast to be the best sorcerer in the army:) But i can change it if i think it works better when given to another sorcerer:)

Thanks for all the help

Mors

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think level 2 is a waste at 1000 points. Two level ones can already cast buboes with 2 dice. If you take the one level 2 with Book of Secrets and Power Familiar he generates two dice for himself to cast buboes and two for prolly the Lore of Fire spell. Other spells might be good, but at this point level I would be content with 4 magic missles. That should give you enough points to add the Banner of Wrath to a unit of Warriors. If you knock down the Marauders a bit and put a Sorc on steed you can give him Rod of Torment. I have some experience with Sorcs on steed and they're not too hard to maneuver.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think level 2 is a waste at 1000 points. Two level ones can already cast buboes with 2 dice. If you take the one level 2 with Book of Secrets and Power Familiar he generates two dice for himself to cast buboes and two for prolly the Lore of Fire spell. Other spells might be good, but at this point level I would be content with 4 magic missles. That should give you enough points to add the Banner of Wrath to a unit of Warriors. If you knock down the Marauders a bit and put a Sorc on steed you can give him Rod of Torment. I have some experience with Sorcs on steed and they're not too hard to maneuver.
But you say to cast buboes but thats a spell for nurgle right? And i don't have nurgle sorcerers. I appreciate your opinion but i think i'll keep the list as it is now:) Thanks,Mors

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sometimes I forget that there are limitations to an army based on what models you currently own and which you plan on buying. Your second creation looked pretty solid. Warriors of Chaos are generally known for having a pretty solid line of spells, strong WS stats for our warriors, and thick armor on our troops. Of course it is difficult to field an army that will work against every type of army that you face, and sometimes that dice just don't cooperate.

:soldier:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts