Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lord
Wood elf highborn, wild rider kindred, helm of the hunt, the blight of terror, elven steed, and spear of twighlight
313pts

Hero
Spellsinger. 2x dispel scrolls
175pts

hero
spellsinger, dragontooth arrows, stone of rebirth
175pts

12 glade guard
192pts

6 glade riders
144pts

6 glade riders
144pts

10 dryads
120pts

5 warhawk riders
200pts

10 wardancers
180pts

8 wild riders (lord goes here)
208pts

6 wild riders
156pts

total 2007pts

This was a quick list i drew up in about 30min while reading the wood elf book, what do you think of it, its for a friend who is playin friendly. any improvements, critisisms would be helpful, thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi there, im fairly new to Wood Elves myself, the only thing i can say is that i dont think you can take Helm of the Hunt when you have the Wild Rider Kindred. The Highborn can only have magic light armour to swap his normal armour and/or a magic spear.

·
/botnobot/
12,518 Posts
I don't like terror on the lord. He already causes fear, and you can do a lot more with his points. I'd take the armour of the fey (4+ armor save against magic to go with existing 5+ forest spirit save against mundane), murder of spites (a LOT of attacks on the charge), and the spear of twilight (or whatever the name of the one that makes the enemy hit at -1, gives your guys a much better chance of survival).

Dragontooth arrows are not worth it, especially on a spellsinger. Think about it, a model wounded by the arrow will be hit subject to stupidity. So essentially, you're asking your spellsinger to go hunting for multi-wound models, like lone characters and monsters. And what are the chances that he's actually going to pull that off?

I'd drop a unit of glade riders for more archers. I think they'll pay off more in the long run. More missile fire, and more str 4 missile fire. Glade Riders die by the dozen. They might be ignored because of the wild riders, but IMO regular archers will accomplish more.

I'd add a musician to the wardancers. They will lose a combat now and then, especially against tough ranked units, and if they flee, you sure do need them to rally. They represent too many points and too much killing power to see them run off the edge.

·
Registered
945 Posts
follow what the other 2 said and make your singers lvl. 2. Also do not forget to take musicians on the wild riders, its free:w00t: . Also David, the dawwnspear is for -1. And the banner of dwindling will ensure death to anyone charged by the wr

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
respec

On reading your advice, ive made a few changes, your views opinions would be helpful :yes:

Lord
Highborn, wild rider kindred, elven steed, armour of the fey, murder of spites, annoyance of nettlings
298 pts

Hero
Spellsinger, lvl2 , 2x dispel scrolls
175 pts

Hero
Spellsinger, lvl2 , briarsheath, stone of rebirth
170 pts

12 Glade Guard, standard bearer
204 pts

9 Glade Guard scouts, standard bearer, banner of zenith
205 pts

10 dryads
120 pts

5 Warhawk riders

10 wardancers, musician
187 pts

8 Wild riders, standard bearer, musician
226 pts

6 Wild Riders, standard bearer, musician, banner of dwindling
224 pts

2009 pts total

·
Registered
924 Posts
Otherwise pretty decent, but I'd get a bit more combat skirmishers. Essentially, now you have your Glade Guard firebase, Scouts, then Wardancers and then all the fast stuff. A bit too fragmented for my taste.

Also, the Highborn is illegal. Elves can only have a single Spite, so you have to get rid of one of them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, also I just added the dryads, they were in the total pnt cost but forgot to write them in the list for some reason, I can see how the army would get fragmented, but as the main opponent is a VC army which is manly on foot. (no black knights, just fell bats and bat swarms, skellies,zombies, and ghouls)

I figured the wild riders and warhawk riders would be good along the flanks, and as support for the main fire. With the wardancers, dryads and glade guard being the main block of troops, Wardancers + dryads for CC and the Glade guard using ranged, got skirmishers for easy use around the table, and 2 squads of wild riders, and 5 warhawk riders, to back them up, flank charge, fire and flee the slowly moving enemy.

Also a quick question, from reading the wood elf spells, im not sure what to go with :| What idea’s could you suggest for an army with this plan? Against undead. (I will also be playing high and dark elves, but not as often as I play undead)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Im not a great fan of WE magic lore but the tree singing is almost a must. moving a wood in front of an enemy unit about to charge will save your units. The one that allows your units to cause fear or terror is also good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.