Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might of seen some of my posts on the DE side but I went down to my local store to watch a few games and ask around how competitive it is and what armies i would be likely to be facing if i came on down. Well a lot of them are playing DE so as much as i love the dark elves i didn't really want to be playing the same army again and again. So I thought maybe I could either go HE or WE so i made this list in trail to see what you guys think if its viable for friendly games and the odd competitive game at 1k points.

Hero's
Spellsinger lore of metal
Level 2
Dispel Scroll

Waystalker
Bow of Loren
Total: 235

Core
Glade Guard <-- Spellsinger
10 Guard
Hagbane Tips

Glade Guard
10 Guard
Hagbane Tips
Total: 300

Special
Warhawk Riders
3 Riders

Sister of the Thorn
5 Riders
Total:265

Rare
Waywatchers <--- Waystalker?
5 Watchers

Waywatchers
5 Watchers

So reading through the army book i choose stuff that i liked for a shooting army make them come to me and pick off the chars and other small units in 1000 points. I was thinking of changing the sisters to Wardances so they can jump and charge a unit when they get to close. What do you guys think?

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
I think you need banners and musicians on the glade guard. Besides that, its a decent list. Wood elves do not always need a bsb. Only in bigger pts with some combat units involved. I personaly would drop the sisters for the war dancers (I don't like any of them) as they can be used to some good effect in combat.
Last I would drop the warhawks, they are a good few pts for some shooting and an ability to kill in combat that you could from range. Grab more glade guard or even glade riders.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2nd list for WE 1000 points
Hero's
Spellsinger (shadow/Metal) depending on the opponent
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
luckstone

Waystalker
Bow of Loren

Glade Guard
10 Guard
hagbane Tips
Glade Guard
10 Guard
hagbane Tips

WildWood Rangers
20 Rangers
Full Command
Banner of Eternal Flame

Waywatchers
5 Watchers
Waywatchers
5 Watchers

So after your advice i took out the warhawks and put in 20 Rangers to jump out when something gets to close. I dont expect myself to vs skaven anytime soon so i don't think i will be versing a horde army anytime soon. This army list is 1000 points on the dot.
Now the other list ive been toying with before i go out and start buying is a HE one even tho i will prob be facing a ton of DE players is
Mage
level 2

Noble
BSB
Halbred
Heavy Armour
Lion Cloak

Archers
10 Archers

Silver Helms
8 Helms
Shields
banner

Phoenix Guard
19 Guard
Stand
Musician
Razor Standard

Sisters of Avelorn
10 Sisters

So there the two armies i have decided to play now i just have to pick one lol (A little insight on the lists is our home games we decided the max unit size we can have is 20 models for our 1k points, so we don't end up with 3 units)

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
The High elf list seams too stretched out. The wood elf one looks good.
They only thing I will say is that you can not choose the magic lore once you know who you are playing. It must be part of the list and changing it is cheating.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i have started to build some WE's and hoping to have our first games in Jan so looking forward to that :) I was looking at the spells and will be going shadow i think.

I am however looking at changing the rangers to wild riders take 8 riders with full command and maybe a cheap banner but i was wondering if you had any experience with them?

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Wild riders are ok, they are glass cannons. They need light infantry to fight.
I still think that with so much shooting a combat unit will just get in the way.

One last thing, why do you have the luckstone (one off armour re-roll) on a wizard who can not have armour?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the luckstone was just to fill in points really as i am at 1k on the dot i guess i could drop the luckstone and banner of eternal flame and pick up one more glade guard for the unit that holds my spell slinger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts