Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Getting into Warhammer after a very long time and i was reading the armies book and I have a question about tree singing that i bet has been asked a lot.

When you move a wood with tree singing and it makes contact with an enemy unit will it also inflict damage on that unit because in the rules it says it can alternatively inflict hits. it looks like you can't do both.

If i have a 2k tree spirit army that i can cast tree singing 5 times a turn can i move the wood with my first tree singing and then inflict hits on that same unit with the other 4 or will the first also inflict hits or can I only cast it once on the same set of trees?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
BB

·
Registered
277 Posts
In short, no. In Long, Tree singing allows you to either:
move a forest around, providing there is no enemy inside, and stopping just before contacting other terrains or units.

OR

Does damage to a unit at least partially within the forest.

Therefore, you won't be able to move a forest up to a unit and then start hurting them, nor could you move the woods with the unit inside them, then hurt them(though why you would anyway...).

·
609 Posts
One instance of Treesinging can't do both but there is no reason why one of your wizards couldn't cast treesinging to put an enemy into contact with the woods and then have another cast treesinging as well on the same woods, but this time offensively. :C

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
Except Trodi that you cannot get them in the forest. You have to stop just before you contact the enemy unit. Otherwise it would be treesinging FTW.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So hang about, you cant move the trees onto a enemy unit so whats the point of the damage bit of the spell, who in there right mind is going to go in a wood with that spell running around?

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
So hang about, you cant move the trees onto a enemy unit so whats the point of the damage bit of the spell, who in there right mind is going to go in a wood with that spell running around?
No one, unless you can bait them well. You do have to admit that treesinging is quite versatile for the first spell in the list. That's why it can't do everything.

Consider, however, using treesinging in conjunction with fury of the forest. Move the trees close and hit them with the harder version of the spell.

·
609 Posts
This means that they wont want to hide in the woods for cover, even their scouts. And if they do, you crush them! ;Y

·
Registered
82 Posts
Please also remember that it is the only spell in the game that can actually *move* terrain. (Not destroy. So what though, right?)

Plus, if you're lucky enough (my friends try to keep forests off the terrain choices when we're setting up tables) to get more than 2 forests on the board, you get your free 6" wood with Woodland Ambush. You have 3 woods on the table. Just line the trees right along the center and his ranked units can barely move. Slower units would have to pivot, move, pivot just to be facing you, and by then you can just sing the trees right back in front of him. The spell fits the Wood Elf creed perfectly: "If you cant shoot, harass"

Treesinging. So good.

Smart players dispel tree-singing. Always

Take advantage and smirk a bit everytime you play someone who doesnt know the power of Treesinging. Because they wont let you do it again next game.

·
Registered
222 Posts
So true on that point. I have one guy attempt to use the rune of spell breaking on my treesinging, because I was gonna destroy his big unit of Slayers.

Luckily he failed and I destroyed the unit for 3 turns, before my treeman waltz in and made some Slayer Smoothies.

Who wants one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For more tree related violence try putting a spellsinger with the deepwood sphere in a forest then use tree singing to move her really close to the enemy, more often then not the bait is just to good and your enemy will move units in to the woods. Quickly they are annihilated between the strength 5 hits from the deepwood sphere and the many hits they will take from fury of the forest. This is great for all those who love tree related violence which means everyone whos reading this

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeh i've done that before. Lured a big unit of Greatswords into the woods, and destroyed them with it. Always a nice combo with that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
One of the many joys of wood elves is lureing unsuspecting units into the forest then laugh manically as all fall victim. I also like to give a unit of wardancers with a noble in it the moonstone of the hidden ways then you move the war dancers into a forest and not only is there high amounts of damage from the trees but the wardancers can pick off the rest..:ninja:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts