Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm a WE player. But I was reading through my little brother's codex, and was thinking about working on a mortals army.

It's a magic list...

The only really interesting IMO is giving the one champion the book of secrets. The Skull of Katam caster goes in that unit, to give the champion +1 to cast.

Tactically, I like chosen, but don't like m4 slogging across the battle field. I figure, I've got to make the enemy come to me. For the most part, I'll spell them off and guard my flanks. Frenzy units are there as counter charge options. Maurader Horsemen are harassment/baiters/blockers. The Warhounds are meat shields/charge redirectors. I'm adding Chaos spawn to pin things in place to maneuver my chosen if I have to. I'm hoping the chosen will do well in combat.

so what do you all think? I've heard these lists are pretty mean. But, my area's really competitive, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Lord:
Vilitch the Cursline

Hero:
Chaos Sorcerer
-Level 2
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Conjoined Homunculus
-Golden Eye of Tzeentch
-Power Familiar
-Disk of Tzeench

Chaos Sorcerer
-Level 2
-Mark of Tzeench
-Third Eye of Tzeentch
-Skull of Katam

Core:
Chaos Mauraders x20
-Mark of Khorne
-Flails
-Standard Bearer

Chaos Mauraders x20
-Mark of Khorne
-Flails
-Musician
-Standard Bearer

Maurauder Horsemen
-Mark of Nurgle
-Musician
-Shields
-Throwing Axes

Maurauder Horsemen x5
-Mark of Nurgle
-Musician
-Shields
-Throwing Axes

Chaos Warhounds x5

Chaos Warhounds x5

Special
Chosen x9
-Mark of Tzeench
-Shields
-Additional Hand Weapons
-Musician
-Chosen Champion
-Collar of Khorne
-Standard
-Blasted Standard

Chosen x9
-Mark of Tzeench
-Shields
-Additional Hand Weapons
-Musician
-Chosen Champion
-Book of Secrets
-Standard
-Banner of Wrath

220 out of 250 add on
Rare:
Chaos Spawn x2
-Mark of Slaanesh x2

Scyla Anfingrimm

Modifications:
Drop Shields from one MH

·
Registered
180 Posts
Havent really played a list like this before but here is my input.

Conjoined humonculus i'm not a big fan of. The ld 8 test for stupidity will happen too often for me, not worth +d3. Especially on a disk want to keep him flying into safety, one turn of bumbling forward could mean death. Instead of that give him bloodcurdling roar, fly around casting spells and screaming at knights.

Instead of spawns I would go a hellcannon. The ULTIMATE flank protector, and great for pinning things down with 12 in charge range, unbreakable T6 5 wounds 4+ armor. Plant that on one of your flanks and let it shoot. Either that or put in some warshrines, really help buff up your units, mark them slaanesh so theyre more likely to stick around. I never really use spawns imo they arent that good.

Also take MoN off the horsemen give them slaanesh. Much better at keeping them around then MoN and far cheaper.

Seems like a decent army theres my input.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Okay, so I'm a WE player. But I was reading through my little brother's codex, and was thinking about working on a mortals army.

It's a magic list...

The only really interesting IMO is giving the one champion the book of secrets. The Skull of Katam caster goes in that unit, to give the champion +1 to cast.

Tactically, I like chosen, but don't like m4 slogging across the battle field. I figure, I've got to make the enemy come to me. For the most part, I'll spell them off and guard my flanks. Frenzy units are there as counter charge options. Maurader Horsemen are harassment/baiters/blockers. The Warhounds are meat shields/charge redirectors. I'm adding Chaos spawn to pin things in place to maneuver my chosen if I have to. I'm hoping the chosen will do well in combat.

so what do you all think? I've heard these lists are pretty mean. But, my area's really competitive, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Lord:
Vilitch the Cursline

Hero:
Chaos Sorcerer
-Level 2
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Conjoined Homunculus
-Golden Eye of Tzeentch
-Power Familiar
-Disk of Tzeench
You really don't want your flier to go Stupid and move into open spaces/enemy units.

Chaos Sorcerer
-Level 2
-Mark of Tzeench
-Third Eye of Tzeentch
-Skull of Katam

Core:
Chaos Mauraders x20
-Mark of Khorne
-Flails
-Standard Bearer
Needs more muscle. Units of 20 without any protection begs to be demolished in 1-2 turns of shooting/magic.

Chaos Mauraders x20
-Mark of Khorne
-Flails
-Musician
-Standard Bearer
Ditto

Maurauder Horsemen
-Mark of Nurgle
-Musician
-Shields
-Throwing Axes
Definitely drop MoN. They're going to die so no point in investing for MoN. MoS will serve them better.

Maurauder Horsemen x5
-Mark of Nurgle
-Musician
-Shields
-Throwing Axes
Ditto

Chaos Warhounds x5

Chaos Warhounds x5

Special
Chosen x9
-Mark of Tzeench
-Shields
-Additional Hand Weapons
-Musician
-Chosen Champion
-Collar of Khorne
-Standard
-Blasted Standard
I personally like Halberds for them. Makes them that much more killy. They can't use the shiels in CC with halberd, but it can save them from shootings.

Chosen x9
-Mark of Tzeench
-Shields
-Additional Hand Weapons
-Musician
-Chosen Champion
-Book of Secrets
-Standard
-Banner of Wrath

220 out of 250 add on
Rare:
Chaos Spawn x2
-Mark of Slaanesh x2

Scyla Anfingrimm

I'm not a fan of Spawns. They can move fast or horribly slow at the wrong time. I'd swap these three for two units of Knights. Much more destructive, fast, and reliable. Or a Hellcannon duo.

Modifications:
Drop Shields from one MH
My opinions in red. Looks pretty solid but slow moving. I'd invest in more reliable fast movers for quick hits, like Knights.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I like that.

Hellcannons and and halberds. Thanks! :)

Heck, I should try getting in some Hell cannons at 2k. Not like those Mauraders are doing the list that much good, they were really there as pinning units anyways.

Hmm... Maybe I can move one of the Chosen to just being warriors and put it in the core? Or are the Eye of Gods worth it?

3x maurader horsemens, Chosen, Hellcannons, maybe some Hounds.

I'm thinking I really like the extra PD from that conjoined homunculus. Honestly, he was going to stick pretty near my battle lines for the most part. The disk is mostly just to be able to draw LOS. That and I have no-where else to stick him...

...still, I can see why the stupidity happens. I thought they got to re-roll psychology tests though. Or is that just panic?

EDIT:
Okay, I can see the usefulness of blood curdling roar. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
If you want the Marauders as a general meat-bag, I suggest reduce them into one big unit of 30 Marauders (Shield/LA/Musician/Standard/MoS). It's cheaper, more intimidating, has tons of static CR, and will stay where they are for first 1~2 turns.

Will of Chaos allows re-rolls for Panic tests, not Stupidity tests. And Conjoined doesn't add more PD, it just modifies a PD by +D3.

As a flier on a Disk, the sorceror can fly-by enemy units and bombard them with magic. I'd stick him the Book of Secrets so he can throw 2 Magic Missiles a turn, plus Bloodcurdling Roar to shave off T3 cavalries. Just remember to fly him from cover to cover. He's very much valuable and versatile.

Also, try to fit in an Infernal Puppet. Especially with BoS and Hellcannons, the puppet will help you whenever miscasts happen.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good call.

Actually, I don't have the codex in front of me, it's my brother's and I'm out in Cali. So i only have what I built and am going on memory for what it does. ;)

Hence my confusion about the conjoined homunculous.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Slight confusion in this post I think. When a guy on a disc goes stupid he moves forward 1/2" not 10"s. Its not as devastating as one thinks, except the fact that you just made your next magic phase suck ass. A smart player will also turn something toward you so if you go stupid after using it, he can then charge your wizard.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was actually thinking of maybe moving the book of secrets onto the Caster and putting the stupid item on my champion at this point.

But I can't remember what Vilitch's leadership is right now...

I really thought it'd be a good idea to get a large dice pool, given Vilitch knows the entire lore of tzeentch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.