Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some strategies for Wood Elves. I am starting a new Wood elf army and only know the basics of how to lure them into the forest could you please post your strategies here?

·
Registered
356 Posts
When I played them a couple years ago.. haven't got a game in since I used MSU. Many small units. Wood elves can do an MSU army very very very well, which is what they're intended for. My old 2k list I had a block of 10 wild riders. Seems pricy, but they made up their points and then some. Doing multiple charges is what I did to good effect. I typically tried to rush in dryads on the front and have wardancers hit the sides. I've had some troubles vs armies that have alot of blocks of troops. Empire and o&g mainly. Its hard to set up a flank charge then. I've actually done quite well vs a dwarf list with anvil. He got greedy and blew up. I basically just charged in and hacked him to pieces. What wood elves lack in SCR make up in overall kills.

When I finally bought some eternal guard, I used them as a huge tarpit unit with a noble in there. They really never killed much, but they held a block of 12 ogres for 4 turns or so. I know I gave one a warbanner and I don't remember what else to my noble. After my wardancers chewed up his other ogre units with combined charges from other things, I hit the rear with wild riders, and the sides with wardancers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, That really helps. and I need all the help I can get. I usually play 40 K Orks so i'm going from a horde army to... well the opposite, Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts