/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
121 Posts
By the Bow

Let not Athel Loren suffer the presence of Man, Dwarf, Ogre nor Chaos

Take not another step forward lest you want to (insert painful feeling here)

That's all I can come up with for now...

·
609 Posts
Currently, it is okay. What would be better?...

'By the bow' is good but maybe not enough.

'Let not Athel Loren suffer the presence of Man, Dwarf, Ogre nor Chaos' I really like where this one is going. Maybe a little tweaking of the words and bingo. ~'let not the Athel Lorn suffer the presence of the inferior'

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
I think 'Let not Athel Loren suffer the presence of Man, Dwarf, Ogre nor Chaos' is too long.

What I'd suggest is: "Orcs and Goblins are our enemies For they are defilers of our galdes and murderers of our people. Beastmen, the children of Chaos, are our enemies. They fight us for our right to exist in the woodlands and forests. Skaven of the Underworld are our enemies, for they gnaw at the roots of our world and bring pestilence and death to our forests. Dwarfs are our enemies, for they cut down our trees to fill their furnaces and to power their infernal warmachines., and many times have they waged war against us. Kegh-mon, the ahiry humans are our enemies, for they are warlike and greedy, and would drive us out of our homes if they could. Many, many of them have turned to worship of teh dark powers. Halflings are our enemies, for they clear trees away for their fields to grow crops which they then consume with insatiable hunger. They would eat the whole world if they could. Elves of Naggaroth and far off Ulthuan are our enemies, for they have turned their backs on Isha and Kurnous, and betrayed their Elf heritage. these are your enemies. Know them well and keep your bow and arrow ready."

Barring that, I think something short, catchy, and to the point would do. If it gives off an impression of our awe-inspiring power would be good.

Something like "Home of the first WHFB community tactica" or "We have Dave, thus we're the best" sound pretty good.:p ED: As for originality, we could go for "Equal lust for blood and power" or "every elf has it's price" or even "for the queen!"

As for some serious ones, we could have something like "In the defense of the forest" or "marksmanship to perfection".

-AFG

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about these?
  • Wood Elves, they'll harvest your nuts.
  • Wood Elves, they do it in the trees.
  • We shoot, you die.
  • Dryads, they're super fast.
  • Give me a dollar.

Or
  • Guardians of the Forest (or was that a Black Library title?)
  • Orion's Fury or the Fury of Orion
  • Athel Loren's Defenders or Defenders of Athel Loren
  • Arrow, Blade, and Branch
  • The Carnage of Kurnous

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
I like the Defender's (or Guardians) of Athel Loren.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Was it Cyric who said something along the lines of "The Dryads are not domesticated and may bite?"

Another not-so-useful suggestion...

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
How about these?
  • Wood Elves, they'll harvest your nuts.
  • Wood Elves, they do it in the trees.
  • Give me a dollar.
LOL awesome!

Better than mine anyways IMO.

So far, we have:
  • Let not Athel Loren suffer the presence of Man, Dwarf, Ogre nor Chaos
  • Take not another step forward lest you want to (insert painful feeling here)
  • 'let not the Athel Lorn suffer the presence of the inferior'
  • "In the defense of the forest"
  • "marksmanship to perfection"
  • Defender's (or Guardians) of Athel Loren.

Maybe start a poll?

-AFG

·
Registered
217 Posts
For what are leaves but countless blades To fight a countless foe on high. <- twas my favourite M:tg flavour text of all time. Whaddya think :)

Smite the defilers of the Land! <- a tip'o'the hat to good old Blizz.

Or maybe how about some Jim Morrison? His lyrics always seemed very woodelfy to me.
* Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun.
* Brothers and sisters of the pale forest.
* Who among you will run with the Hunt?
* Don't stop to speak or look around.
* Feel the good cold stinging blood.
* Riders on the Storm ;)
* Mute Nostril Agony.
* So limitless and free.
* Waiting for the summer rain.

Phew, now I gotta go listen to them songs again :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
How about the goold ol' classics?
* Fury of the Forest
* Call of the Wild Hunt

1 - 20 of 32 Posts