Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been running this list lately in friendly and competitive settings at my FLGS and so far it's managed to beat all of my last half dozen opponents without a loss. I'm still relatively new to Fantasy (started about 6 months or so ago), but I'm fairly confident in the list for the most part, but of course I'm looking for some constructive criticism. I'm considering swapping the Eternal Guard bunker with more Glade Guard and dropping the Glade Captain for more Wild Riders, but I want other people's thoughts on this.

Lords:
Spellweaver:
-Asrai Longbow
-Level 4
-Lore Of Shadow
-Dispel Scroll
Total: 250 points

Heroes:
Glade Captain:
-Trueflight Arrows
-Great Weapon
-Shield
-Hail Of Doom Arrow
Total: 114 points

Spellsinger:
-Asrai Longbow
-Level 2
-Lore of Shadows
Total:120 Points

Waystalker:
-Bow of Loren
-Charm Shield
Total: 115 points

Core:
Eternal Guard (x20)
Total: 220 Points

Glade Guard (x10)
-Trueflight Arrows
Total: 150 Points

Glade Guard (x10)
-Trueflight Arrows
Total: 150 Points

Glade Riders (x5)
-Trueflight Arrows
Total: 110 Points

Glade Riders (x5)
-Trueflight Arrows
Total: 110 Points

Special:
Deepwood Scouts (x10)
-Trueflight Arrows
Total: 160 Points

Deepwood Scouts (x10)
-Trueflight Arrows
Total: 160 Points

Wild Riders (x5)
-Shields
Total: 140 Points

Rare:
Waywatchers (x5)
Total: 100 Points

Waywatchers (x5)
Total: 100 Points

Rakes in right at 1999. The Spellweaver deploys in the Eternal Guard bunker while the Spellweaver and Glade Captain run with a unit of Glade Guard. The Waystalker runs with one of the Waystalker units. The WeaverGuard unit hang out in the free woods (Venom Thicket, durr) and use stubborn, ASF, 2x Fight in Extra Ranks and Poison attacks to mince anything that gets near them. The archers all deploy in obvious patterns; behind enemy lines, should they deploy poorly, with Waywatchers puppy guarding anything with high armor (monsters, Chaos Knights, etc.) and Deepwood Scouts mincing their rank and file, special units and anything of threat whilst backpedalling like hell. Wizards debuff like no one's business and try and throw the odd kill-by-characteristic test when the dice gods allow. Usually, most opponents are fairly whittled down before they can get in to punching range (miasma slows them down nicely), just in time for the Wild Riders to destroy whatever they can charge in to. Glade Riders come in on the enemy deployment zone and do whatever they can to be obnoxious for the rest of the game.

I have very little problems with this list, for the most part, but I am thinking of dropping the E guard for more archers and the captain for another unit of Wild Riders. The captain usually doesn't justify his points and it's been 6 games since my E guard have even gotten in to combat, so they've done little to nothing to justify their points besides be a nice little bunker for the wizard to hide in. Besides, more shooting and riders never hurt haha.

Thoughts, comments, concerns? I'm looking for any kind of opinion at all. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your list is Illegal points wise up to 25% hero 25 % or more on core, up to 50% on rare and up to 25% rare

so for 2 thousand point list your only allowed 500 points of hero/ lords (inc items) you are 99 points over (hope maths is good

to really use them well you want to be taking 30 and yeh a wast putting the wizard in there put him in the GG . I love WR but think some egals would be a good shout ..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thiiiiink you might be mistaken, man. I've got 250 points in lords, which is 12.5% of the list, and 379 points in heroes. They're two seperate entries, and have a 25% allowance per category. Even at that, with the End Times erratas in full effect, I'm still allowed up to 50% at that.

Eagles are just kind of okay to me, I thought about throwing one in, but I didn't have a role for them to fill. To me, Wild Riders get the job done better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
From what I can tell the list is legal, so I don't understand the comment about it not being. As for suggestions I'm not sure why you would include eternal guard? They're far too expensive to be just a bunker unit (and that's all they really do - they're a terrible unit). I'd swap them over for more glade guard. A suggestion for your list could be to include some sisters as a bunker unit instead, and then give your spellweaver a mount and some magic resistance. She will be safe in a unit with 2+ ward save vs magic and she is extremely fast and maneuverable. If you're running wild riders, consider making your glade captain a BSB then so they don't go chasing chaff units.

While shadow magic is probably better I've always had a love for death magic. If your spellweaver is bunkered in a unit of sisters on a mount, she is able to scoot up 18" on the flank and then cast a purple sun through the entire enemy army.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Drop the eternal guard they are a waste. If you want a combat block I find tree kin really are one of the best.

As for lore for me it has to be metal if your shooting (which if your wood elves you will be) you can drop high tough heavy armoured opponents, you can lower amour saves give your guys a save lower WS for bubble +1 to and armour piercing (which you have but the +1 bubble is good) its a good lore shooting . Shadow dark and death all good choices to for support spells like dropping toughness.

For bunker I will agree pop them in a unit of 5 sisters mr 3 and hail of doom arrow. They have curse to slow your opponent and thorns to help that unit in cc and regen a wound for someone.

Glad riders I am against you really need all your shooting on the table I would rather see more scouts and glad guard.

Also no love for treemen?? there range attack can be quite helpful.

My wifes list is currently.

Level 4 Metal on mount hail of doom and m3 amulet.
Captain stag bsb enchanted shield tali of pres spear.
10 Glade guard double tap
10 glade guard double tap
10 glade guard double tap
10 scouts hag bane
10 scouts hag bane
7 treekin, Ancient, BSB goes here 4x2
2 treemen range attack.
5 sisters spell singer here

Its a very effective list similar to your she sets up on the line to start firing strait away normally bubbling the +1 to hit to make up for the double tap this also helps the treemen a lot she will melt things like crushers as priority when they close she moves back still firing and smashes the treekin in.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
...so far it's managed to beat all of my last half dozen opponents without a loss.
If you're not losing games then I feel there's no reason to change your list unless you simply want to try something else.

Go ahead and swap the Eternal Guard for 15 GG and a musician. The only thing you're losing out on is one point of leadership and an armor save (an AS that is useless against Str 4+ or armor piercing attacks). At least the 15 GG can shoot 15 shots a turn while the opposing unit/s are heading their way plus the 15 shots for the Stand and Shoot reaction. Once the opposing unit has made contact, you'll have 15 ASF poisoned attacks with probably the ability to re-roll misses.

Do not use any of your GG units as a bunker for your mages. Use one of your scout units for the Spellweaver and the other scout unit for Spellsinger. Your scouts have a range of 30" and are using True flight arrows. There is no reason for your back rank of scouts being any closer than 30" to the unit they are shooting at other than getting in range for your mage's spells. Drop your scouts to either nine or seven. This way, with a mage in the unit you can have a compressed 2 x 4 or a 2 x 5 formation.

Your noble is serving no purpose other than as a HoDA delivery system. Go ahead and drop it if your not going to use it as a BSB.

Give one of your WR unit the banner for leadership. (I've forgotten its name).

Edited to change "ASL" to "ASF"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts