Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, now that I have chosen a legion I have written up a 1500 list for my word bearers. I tried to keep it semi-flufflike (I did put in lash though). Please feel free to destroy it verbally, I'm sure it needs improvement.

HQ

Daemon Prince- 155
*MOS
*Lash (Bad start, I know, but it seems so effective)

Troops

10 Chaos Marines- 255
*1 melta gun
*1 autocannon
*aspiring champion
*fist
*IOCG
*rhino

5 Chaos Marines- 135
*melta gun
*IOCG
*champ
*fist

10 Chaos Marines- 255
*2 melta guns
*aspiring champion
*fist
*IOCG
*rhino

10 Chaos Marines- 260
*1 plasma gun
*1 autocannon
*aspiring champion
*fist
*IOCG
*rhino

Heavy Support

Vindicator- 145
*daemonic possession

Vindicator- 145
*daemonic possession

2 Oblits- 150
*daemonic possession
*extra armor

1500 on the dot

The small marine squad is for the home objective btw. Hope you enjoyed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Word Bearers usually summon deamons to help them battle and I see none in your list.

I usually don't mix heavy weapons with assault weapons because there range and use are really not the same. If you stay back to shoot your heavy weapon, the assault weapon is useless and the points invested in your champs is also useless.

Keep heavy weapons to teams that will not move (havocs, chosen)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the feedback. With the heavy weapons, I was hoping to mix it up a little because everyone seems to go 2x melta. However, there is probably a reason that people run it,so il give it a go. Does anyone use daemons? Lesser daemons don't look too useful to me, but i was thinking of including a greater daemon. How do people bring one in? I was thinking meltaspamming or flamerspamming chosen infiltrating or outflanking from a rhino. Or maybe deep-striking terminators.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I use a greater daemon, i bring it in whit a unit of 5 chosens in a rhino whit champ and 4 meltas and icon of chaos glory, I also agrees whit Black_Rose, never mix heavy whit assault weapons, instead i would turn the 10 mans unit whit autocannon in to a havoc unit, then you can instead take 4 autocannons if you want, and IOcG is a must in the unit......BTW! how can you have Daemonic possesion and extra armour on a Oblitirator? as they are not vehicle they cannot get any vehicle upgrades, and extra armour is wasted when you have Daemonic possesion.....now where wass i. og yea lesser daemons is a must in a word bearers army, lesser daemons can be great fodder and objective holders.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Lesser deamons have their uses in an army list, only one unit will get rolled over if it's to small.

I saw a guy at my shop use 3 units of 12 and they work pretty well, they deepstrike neer an icon, the lash prince moves an enemy unit in charge range of the deamons and they charge. They do as much kills as CSM in combat, they just don't have there staying power.

A lot of armies are getting lots and lots of anti-armor weapons, those weapons are not very effective against models that only have an Inv save.

I usually don't run greater deamons but the times I did I found that making them come out of terminator champions is a big surprise and that raptors are a good delivery system, 5 raptors, 2 meltas, 1 champ makes a unit that hunts tanks quit well and have a backup plan for cc in the form of the greater deamon. If your raptors are not weilding a powerfist I find that they stay alive longer.

I usually stay away from the naked champs in CSM because CSM want to be in combat and I'd rather have a pfist on my champ when the cc starts then having a greater deamon because the champ can't be singled out in combat.

The model that you possess has to be on the board at the begining of the turn so deepstriking termies, outflanking chosen are not a sure shot for the greater deamon to appear. You are really happy if the termies or chosen appear on turn 2 and the greater deamon on turn 3 but if it goes the otherway around your not to happy.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much for the help, I have made a new list.

Hq

Daemon Prince- 155
*MOS
*Lash

Greater Daemon- 100

Troops

10 Chaos Marines- 255
*2 melta guns
*aspiring champion
*fist
*IOCG
*rhino

10 Chaos Marines- 255
*2 melta guns
*aspiring champion
*fist
*IOCG
*rhino

12 Summoned Daemons- 156

11 Summoned Daemons*- 143

Fast Attack

5 chaos raptors- 145
*aspiring champion
*2 melta guns
*IOCG

Heavy Support

Vindicator- 145
*daemonic possession

Vindicator- 145
*daemonic possession

Total- 1499

*I calculated everything, and i ended up with 12 more points, so i had to take off a daemon.

I wish they had allowed for more customization with regard to the summoned daemons. It seems they could have used the options from the chaos daemons codex.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I like your build except for the vindicators. I know that vindis and lash are a lot of fun but if your opponent plays a mech list your lash will be useless on the first turns because of the lack of targets. And if your deamons arrive on the second turn and they have nothing to assault they will be shot (don't forget deamons = no staying power) and die.

I would recommend 2 autocannon , sponson lascannon preds instead of the vindis. Once your CSM and raptors get in position to use your meltas the preds will not be as usefull as vindis but they will have served their purpose alright on your first 2-3 turns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.