Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gents. I'm playing with my world eaters army using the new codex for the first time tomorrow. Here's the list I'll be using, along with a couple of things I could include at the bottom instead. I'd appreciate some throughts. I'll playing a Mech Tau list (commanded by a very good commander), and a Dark Angels list.

HQ

Daemon Prince, Wings, Mark of Khorne
Chaos Lord, Wings, Mark of Khorne, Daemon Weapon, Personal Icon

Elite

5 x Terminators, Mark of Khorne, Combi-plasma guns
Chaos Dreadnought, TL Lascannon

Troops

8 Bezerkers, Personal Icon, Skull Champion w/ Power weapon

Heavy

Chaos Defiler
Chaos Predator, TL Lascannon
----------

The personal icons is to ensure I can deep strike in those terminators in a variety of places, though I'm wondering whether points could be spent elsewhere, more effectively.

I could sub in Kharn, 3 bikers, a squad of chosen (up to 3 plasma), more bezerkers, a rhino for something, 5 possessed, more terminators.

Everything has to have MoK though since it's my old World Eaters army, other than, i'm open to suggestions/input.

Thanks.

·
4,967 Posts
I think your numbers are suffering and for foot sloggers that isn't good. The main reason is too many points spent on HQs.

Drop the Lord for another squad or 3 rhinos and 2 more chaps per unit.

you only need 2 icons for the terminators as you can always teleport without them.

While I Love Dreads in the old codex - they are just too unreliable now. Sadly I suggest dropping the poor blood crazed fellow for a pred or more zerkers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
HQ
Daemon Prince, Wings, Mark of Khorne
Good, take out one Personal icon from the 'Zerkers and put it here, it helps out a lot.
Chaos Lord, Wings, Mark of Khorne, Daemon Weapon, Personal Icon
Not a fan of this it's a little unsupported unless you deepstrike him in which is kind of dangerous as is, and if you don't it'll just be hard and limiting of your movement for him to not get shot at.

Elite

5 x Terminators, Mark of Khorne, Combi-plasma guns
Very good, will make tiny bits of any enemy.
Chaos Dreadnought, TL Lascannon
Kind of iffy theres a 1/6 chance that you'll pop one of your vehicles in the back armor.

Troops
These guys would suffer a lot less casualties and get in combat better if you use Rhinos on them very cost efficient for 'Zerkers, and the fact that you will give your enemy less chances to shoot at them from using the rhinos resulting in better combats.

Heavy

Chaos Defiler
I'm not a fan of Defilers any more too squishy for me, but I can't really speak of experience from using them in 4th ed, but it has been lackluster so far.
Chaos Predator, TL Lascannon
Very good anti tank.

note* you seem new to 4th ed. You can only use the Personal Icon on models with Terminator armor or Summoned Deamons
Well that's mah two cents

·
Registered
38 Posts
you can use the zerkers to teleport through without having to buy anything

at least this is what i have been told

·
4,967 Posts
I don't think you can have a personal icon on a daemon prince.

Berserkers need to spend points on a personal icon but they are cheap as they don't contribute anything to the squad other than teleport homing & daemon summoning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts