Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Fiends of Karnak.
World Eaters, Planetary Slaughter Force.
Semi-anti Orks. Fluffy.

Karnak, the Slaughtermaster, Butcher of the Inocent.
Chaos Lord - 150 pts.
Mark of Khorne
Power Fist / Lightning Claws (undecided, will play a few games)
Jump Pack

Squad Minotauro
Khorne Berzerkers X 8 - 233 pts.
Skull Champion with P. Sword. ( Fargrar Minotauro, Skull Champion of Khorne ).
Rhino

Squad Vanderlei
Khorne Berzerkers X 8 - 233 pts.
Skull Champion with P. Sword. ( Viograr Vanderlei, Skull Champion of Khorne ).
Rhino

Squad Kruth
Raptors X 8 - 250 pts.
Aspiring Champion with P. Fist. ( Jorgal Kruth, Skull Champion of Khorne ).
Icon of Khorne
2 Meltaguns

Squad Aerts
Raptors X 8 - 250 pts.
Aspiring Champion with P. Fist. ( Bellom Aerts, Skull Champion of Khorne ).
Icon of Khorne
2 Meltaguns

Squad Breath of Khorne
Havocs x 8 - 260 pts.
Icon of Khorne
4 Heavy Bolters
Rhino with Havoc Launcher

Squad Torrent of Teeth
Havocs x 8 - 260 pts.
Icon of Khorne
4 Heavy Bolters
Rhino with Havoc Launcher

Desolator of Karnak
Predator x 1 - 130 pts.
Turret Autocannon
Sponson Lascannons

Army total: 1766

Blasphemy of the Day:
Those who belive that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry usually die at a distance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't have any particular problem with the notion of World Eaters fielding shooty units/vehicles. Although in previous versions MoK couldn't be given to Havocs or Raptors--and you've used both--the current version bears no such restrictions.

That requires a reinterpretation of the fluff. What does the Blood God really hate? Well, that would probably include Slaanesh/Tzeentch marked stuff, Infiltration, and sorcery. As long as you're avoiding that, I'd say you're golden. Or bronzed. Whatever.

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing about the World Eaters that I really dislikes is the idea of them being stupid and unthinking idiots, running into combat unsupported and without tactical doctrine. My strong belief is that they are warrior monks, committed to the task of bringing war to all. They are extremely disciplined as all astartes are but well in CQC they let loose the hinges restraining them, activating the chip in their brain. I think that a World Eater can activate the chip on demand, and also deactivate it, or possibly that the activation of the chip is done remotely by the commander and thus allowing him to controll his sujects keeping some of them calm and ready for other tasks than tearing the enemy asunder with their hands. Being assigned to a supporting fire role could well be some form of punishment.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The P-Fist on the lord is a big NONO! always take advantage of that higher initiative. give it to your champ if you need to.

give him a D-wep: much more anti-ork. it can decimate an ork mob easily. Plus, with a name like 'the slaughterer' you wouldn't want your guy to go around and squish people. then he'd be 'the squiggoth wannabe' ;) a weapon that can inflict 17 attacks on the charge is definitely worth its points. the first time i used it was on a termie lord against nids. I got all 17 attacks. There were 18 gaunts left. one was alive at the end of the round. The next time, I got twelve, then 13, then 11, then 16. He only took one daemon wound and he killed the Hive tyrant. Good battle.

Blashpemy of the Day (in response to yours):
Those who think that Bloodfeeder sucks usually die about ten times over.

Possessed

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ xhivetyrantx:

Thank you for that constructive statement. I will give it some thought as to whether the exclusion if the mark... hey wait a minute! I didn't know you could give marks to units freely? PLease, give me a hint where I can find the ruling of giving marks to havocs. I must have overlooked that.
However, if you meant that it is uncompetative to give an ICON to a heavy weapons squad I totally agree. But I would like to hear your explanation as to how an All Khorne list could be fielded without it.

In my mind, the havocs are much more than just a heavy weapons squad. They are like an ordinary CSM unit, with all the benefits AND the ability to carry an insane load of heavy weapons. And thats just how I intend to use them - medium range mobile heavy fire support. When the targets run out due to surrounding close combats, they'll just join the merry old clubberin'. I wouldn't deny a World Eater the chance of some real action.

Cincerely//

Mr_Wayne

·
Registered
44 Posts
If he had paid attention to your list, he'd have seen you gave them Rhinos to carry them to CC if there were no more easy targets. You even gave the Rhinos Havoc Launchers so they wouldn't be totally worthless while sitting back guarding/waiting on the Havoc squads.

To be fair, you did title the thread competitive, so he can't really be blamed for pointing out a poor competitive decision. I think the problem here is that legion armies suck now because, without any legion-specific benefits, they're inherently suboptimal.

My first real criticism is: are you sure a bunch of Power Fists, Meltaguns, and one Predator will handle anti-vehicle well enough? The Heavy Bolters won't help much against reasonably-armored targets (e.g., Predator front armor, Land Raiders). The PFs and Meltas require close range and that makes me nervous. Shooty armies might tear you a new one.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If I were you I would think about switching the havocs weapons to either missile launchers or autocannons.

But to be honest... Those squads are pretty big point sinks. You would be better off switching them to predators and adding more berserkers.

The power fist on the lord is also a bad idea for the same reasons listed above.

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Missile Launchers are a good idea, but I can easily sacrifice that effectivity for the pure coolness of having a squad of World Eaters blazing away with Heavy Bolters as supporting fire. It fits the theme better that they provide a devastating torrent of bolter fire.

Also, it's very difficult to fit a missile launcher on a model with a World Eater head. Plus, I' a little short of Missile Launchers and I have already modelled the Havocs.

But it's a good tip, nonetheless.

·
479 Posts
the reason i said you shouldn't give the mark of khorne to the havocs is that if you want to get some good usuage out of those heavy weapons then you don't keep moving. The rhino is good for repositioning, but other than that you want to keep your havocs firing and not rushing into combat, thats for the zerkers. I would switch some heavy bolters out for missile launchers to give you better anti-tank.

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The rhino is more than just a transport. Its a pretty big block of movable "terrain" which can mount pretty good weapons. I wont move the havocs that much, probably just in the first turn, shoveling them forward 12" and dismount them to start shooting in the second turn.
After that I'll let the enemy come to me. Maybe have the Berzerkers act as a countercharge unit.

And dude... Havocs still can't have the mark.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The list looks pretty good to me (In my limited experience) I like the idea of the Khorne icon on the Havocs, really gives it that world eaters feel. Would have to agree with the couple of replies suggesting missile launchers though. Only problem I see is that I count your raptor squads at 260pts. Oh and naming all your squads and champions is a great touch.

Spin'

·
Registered
144 Posts
Think of it this way. His havoks are the only ranged heavy weapons he has someone is going to try to rush them and if they do they can still lay down alot of attacks defending themselves that way your not splitting off on your attack to defend your heavy weapons team.

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@ Spindle:
Thanks for the reply. I totally overlooked the fact tha I miscalculated the cost of the raptors. Now I've paid the correct 250 pts for each squad (the meltagun is 5 pts cheaper than the plasma gun). In order for me to afford them I downgraded Fargrar Minotauros P. Fist to a P. Sword, and I'm still at 16 pts over the 1750 limit. I really dont want to take away any men, as I need the boots on the ground (and in the air) for the assault theme of the list.

@ Slares:
They're not my only ranged heavy weapons. I've got a AC+LC pred. too.

·
Registered
187 Posts
What about switching the meltaguns on the raptors to flamers? Or you could use just a plain power weapon on your lord instead of lightning claws. (don't use a powerfist!! :rofl)

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmm... flamers on a raptor squad. Increase the swarm-killing and reducing the AT?
I like the concept, but that leaves me with ONLY the pred. to take care of armour. Can't have that, can we? It wont last the first turn, poor thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts