Lord:
MOK
4 Chaos Spawns
Speed
Bolt Pistol
Khornate Chainaxe
Strength

Elites:
8 Chosen Aspiring Champions with MOK, speed, feel no pain, and khornate chainaxes

8 Chosen Aspiring Champions with MOK, speed, feel no pain, and khornate chainaxes

Troops:
7 Berzerkers
1 AC with Powerfist and Talisman Of Burning Blood

7 Berzerkers

7 Berzerkers

7 Berzerkers

Tau

HQ:

Shas'o: 2 Plasma Rifles
Other upgrades
2 bodygaurd:
Each had 2 plasma rifles and something else

Elites:
3 Crisis Battlesuits with plasma rifles

Troops:

11 Fire Warriors
1 Leader with a markerlight

11 Fire Warriors

11 Fire Warriors

11 Fire Warriors

Fast Attack:
8 Gun Drones

Heavy Support:

2 broadsides with missiles

I'm not entirely sure that my opponents list is correct, but that is what i remember him playing with.

4X4 Board
Seek And Destroy

12" setup

First Turn: World Eaters

Movement Phase: All Berzerkers got blood frenzy and they all moved about 9 or 10 inches.

Chosen and Lord moved 6" up together.

Shooting: 1 Chosen got a 6 for fleet so they went 6" forward

The Lord and other Chosen got a 4 so they moved up.

Assault: 1 Chosen squad luckily got in assault rage and assaulted the gundrones. With 5 attacks each and the low weapon skill and toughness of the drones i won the combat with out taking any damage and then massacre advanced into the HQ battlesuits behind them.

Second Turn: Tau

Movement: Angry about already being in close combat, my opponent moved the fire warriors up.

Shooting: Broadsides shot at chosen and killed 5 of them. Fire warriors took out 2 and 1/2 berzerker squads after marking. Battlesuits wiped up the 1/2 squad.

Assault: The chosen dealt 4 unsaved wounds so the bodygaurds were killed and the Shas'o didn't kill anything. He failed his leadership and was over run by the chosen.

Third Turn: World Eaters

Movement: Chosen and lord move 6 while the other berzerkers get blood frenzy and move 9.

Shooting: Chosen move 3 and 5 and lord moves 4.

Assault: Berzerkers assault a squad of Fire Warriors whilt the chosen and lord move towards the battlesuits. Berzerkers kill all fire warriors and the chosen plus the lord oblitorate the battlesuits. Both massacre advance into seperate squads of Fire Warriors.

Fourth Turn: Tau

Movement: 6" Away from the close combat with everything.

Shooting: NONE

Assault: Lord kills 3 chosen kill only 8 and the spawns mop up the remaining 1. The berzerkers only kill 10 and they some how lose a guy to two fire warriors. Failed leadership and was over run by berzerkers. Both Squads consolidate 3".

Fifth Turn: World Eaters

Movement: Berzerkers don't get BF, and move next to fire warriors. Chosen Seperate and lord goes near 2 broadsides.

Shooting: Berzerkers kill 2 with bolt pistol fire. Lord gets 2", big chosen get 6 and small chosen get 4.

Assault: Berzerkers>Fire warriors
Chosen> 2 Broadsides
Chosen> 2 other Broadsides
Lord>the last 2 broadsides.

Berzerkers annihilate the fire warriors. Chosen kill all four broadsides and the lord and his spawns leave only 1 wound on last broadside, the broadside does nothing.

Sixth Turn: Tau

Movement: NONE

Shooting: NONE

Assault: Lord and spawns deal the killing blow to the last of the Tau.

Victory for the World Eaters! I had about 1/2 my points left.:yes:

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Criticism:
No offence or anything, but you shouldn't have been able to get that first turn charge.
6"+6"+12" = 24" move, but the tau player should have been at least 24" away.

Also, I found your turn numbering rather confusing, perhaps something like:
TURN 1: Chaos
TURN 1: Tau
TURN 2: Chaos
etc... would have been easier to read.

Otherwise, it was a nice report, clear and to the point, I understood what was happening, and it looks like you took him apart pretty nicely... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

-t.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Your Khorne list is illegal, I believe... correct me if I'm wrong, but:

Chaos 'dex said:
Additionally, a single unit of between 5 and 20 Chosen can be fielded as a normal Elites choice.
You have two Elites choices of Chosen... according to my codex, you can only have one.

Also, are those Chaos Spawns Chaos Hounds, or are they Daemon Spawns? Daemon Spawns can't move faster than standard infantry, but Chaos Hounds can.

Librarium | Online | Forums

·
Registered
151 Posts
Congratulations on your victory but your opponent's list made things easy for you. Had your opponent used Hammerheads with Railguns instead of Broadside Teams, things most likely would have been a bit more challenging.

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
Good job on your win and battle report although your list is illegal as mentioned before. You must've been playing on a small board to be able to assault on your first turn. Anyway...

Ben

·
Registered
886 Posts
It was clear that the Tau was going to lose. The tau palyer was a Fool. 6 broadside suits and not one tank on the enemy side. Can anyone say stupid hurts. He really should have had Crisis and steath suits for the infantry.

Basic Rule- Do Not Use an Anti-Tank Army against a Infantry army. Duh:yes:

·
389 Posts
Unless the Tau player infiltrated it would be impossible to get a first turn charge. As pointed out earlier you have to set up at least 24" away from each other (meaning a fraction over 24"), and since you can never move more than 24" with the setup in the World Eaters army you could never get the charge.

But anyway, congrats on the win. I thing you would have won even without the first turn charge. But both of you really should look into army composition. World Eater army was illigal on more than one point and Tau army was using some strange tactics.

Arizzar

1 - 11 of 11 Posts