Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating about making a new 1750 tourny style IG army, and i remeber seeing a games day army from the pasted based on British Infantry from the great war. i also think it was featured in a GW catalog and GW-UK sold a kit to constuct these guys. None of this i can find. if anyone has links or pics to this i would love it, i have some good conversion ideas for the tanks but the troups are illuding me sort of making it german and using the new Forge world Kreig models (I would rather converty my own amry). thanks for our help guys.

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
What kind of WWI British soldiers? Get some GW or Forge World Tallarn models or you could greenstuff some Catachans and make North Africa Arabian conscript troops a la "Lawrence of Arabia."

You also might look into other mini ranges for head swaps, such as Pig Iron Miniatures to get some unique heads to put onto GW plastics.

·
Dawn Under Heaven
2,971 Posts
No, Cadians have got extremely bulky armour which WWI combatants didn't have. It'd look pretty wrong IMO. For British infantry, I think your best bet might actually be to wait a little while. There's supposed to be some "Greatcoat" models in the works that might be fairly easy to convert.

·
Set Sail and Conquer!
1,633 Posts
I am debating about making a new 1750 tourny style IG army, and i remeber seeing a games day army from the pasted based on British Infantry from the great war. i also think it was featured in a GW catalog and GW-UK sold a kit to constuct these guys. None of this i can find. if anyone has links or pics to this i would love it, i have some good conversion ideas for the tanks but the troups are illuding me sort of making it german and using the new Forge world Kreig models (I would rather converty my own amry). thanks for our help guys.
Sorry, dont have a link to the things you were after, but here's another thread that might give you a little inspiration:

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/imperial-guard/118395-ww1-themed-army.html#post1143566

Oh, and welcome to LO! :)

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Mordians painted correctly could give a very good representation of BEF soldiers from the start of the war (Battle of Mons era)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
You could also try some of the gas mask heads from Pig Iron Productions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.