Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is sad but in my SECOND game with Bretonnians I have had something happen to me that I wouldn't even dream on my enemy...

I had a Lance formation, BSB, Damsel in second rank and middle. She tries to cast a spell and miscasts (Mind you this is the first turn) she rolls a 4 on the miscast chart where all models in base contact suffer a S6 hit. Ouch. After the rolls She and the BSB have a wound and 6 Knights lie dead. In one turn. Needless to say that put a damper on my right flank...I never even attempted to cast for the rest of the game and probably never will again in the lance formation.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Holy Schneikes! Poor knights never knew what hit them... You probably now have the right strategy not to cast anything, since there is not much available in our lores that is much good being in the middle of the formationwithout LOS anyway. However, the Life protection from missile fire (if I recall correctly) is something I have used and may have to rethink trying it again!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I only use damsels in a lance for dispelling. I use one only in a group of skirmished bowmen for casting. Seems to strike a nice balance.

Also, I'd recommend not putting a damsel in the same unit as a character. Besides making miscasts that much more damaging, it gives your opponent an obvious target to direct every spell, arrow, cannonball, rock, bolt, and bullet at.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Worst moment in my Bretonnian battles was a 6th ed game against Dwarves. units of 2 x 12 KoTR and 1 x 9 QK, with 2 x 5 Peg with general on peg and 1 x 16 archers plus Grail Reliquae with 6 extras. 2000 point game.

Both knight units run into warriors and long bears, and score precious few hits on the dice and even fewer wounds, break from wounds and flee off the table, Pegs take severe heavy casualties from the long gunners and fail their break as well. Questers take a round from the cannon and straight through their formation and get bogged down in protracted combat with warriors.

By the end of turn 3, I am down to the grail relique and the archers. who get picked off by the cannons and long gunners while the warriors and long beards secure table quarters.

I lost by more points then I put on the board, 2250 points in a 2000 point game.

That was the worst beat ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts