Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the race that you fear the most? What empire strikes the very fear into your heart when you see them placed on the table?

Me? Effing mech eldar. GAWH.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wouldn't say fear is the right word; more like loathing... with the passion of a thousand burning stars. But that's only when I see Farseers on the table. Wraithlords are a close second.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Eldar - Mechanized

I don't fear this army.... it's just when I see the models being placed, I think to myself: Great.... those vehicles are going to be such a pain in the ass again.

The only other thing that irritates me is my friend who plays IG. Terrible roller vs. everyone except me. For example: He has a bassy and a leman... EVERY ROUND he hit with each ordinance. It was a massacre.

·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In truth, I havn't been able to play against a competent Chaos player in quite some time... perhaps I will have the same trouble? X:

·
Festo Diata
917 Posts
I have a really tough time against Necrons most of the time. I underestimated them as a boring army but they really are quite a rock-hard force, if used in concert.

I don't really have problems with Eldar.. my army list has enough firepower for medium-armoured vehicles. If the Plasma Rifle was a unit choice, you know my army would have 6 units. :)

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,174 Posts
Well, with the last codex my worst matchup was always those 2 wound Thousand Sons. Just too hard to kill.

I haven't had much experience playing with the new codex (school, work, lack o' funds to build my new list, etc). But I suspect my biggest challenges will be mechanized Eldar, as has been said. Necrons might be tough as well.

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
I have yet to face the dreaded Mech Eldar, but you can be sure I'm not sure what the hell I'm supposed to do against that. Honestly... nasty just to think about.

I faced Orks recently. The only Ork player hereabouts is kind of a scrub IMHO, but the new Codex is so nasty! I played Take and Hold and barely pulled off a draw. Granted, my Lord died early (he's good at killing regular troops, but he didn't kill everything in his killzone so the Klaw took him out) and my Raptors fled off the table, but even rolling below average I slaughtered him last Codex.

Other than that, I really only fear games where there's not enough terrain on the board. I rely on that 25%.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
Necrons for me. I face only the most beardy Necrons where I play (max Immortals/Destroyers or max troops/Monoliths) and that much mobile firepower makes hash of my army long before they see close combat.

·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Necrons for me. I face only the most beardy Necrons where I play (max Immortals/Destroyers or max troops/Monoliths) and that much mobile firepower makes hash of my army long before they see close combat.
Then you be cheaty too. Run two lash sorcs/DP's with wings and a huge squad of nurgle raptors to hide them in. and just go nuts on'em.

·
A legend in my own mind.
1,480 Posts
Orks.....I just hate those things. My first battle was against them. It was soo frustrating to see wave after wave come at me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.