Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pretty new to the Warhammerscene however most posts you find on the many different forums all argue that Skaven, Daemons and Vampire Counts atm are the most overpowered armies. However that went me wondering why i havnt seen any whine-posts about the 'under'powered armies out there?

So which one are the worst warhammer army, and why?

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Im pretty new to the Warhammerscene however most posts you find on the many different forums all argue that Skaven, Daemons and Vampire Counts atm are the most overpowered armies. However that went me wondering why i havnt seen any whine-posts about the 'under'powered armies out there?

So which one are the worst warhammer army, and why?
Personally, i'd say Beasts of Chaos is a hard army to win with and TK isn't easy either.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Tomb Kings, I'd say. very much in need of a new army book. Ogre Kingdoms aren't the best either.

Other than that I find most armies to be quite competitive. BOC almost don't count as the new army book is due out soon.

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
i think nobody argues about ogre kingdoms because nobody actually plays the horrid army :p
at the moment you just dont purchase these guys with winning in mind

cant wait for some good looking minotaurs to arrive, havent heard anything about beastmen since that 'coming soon' poster

·
Blistering Barnacles!
895 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
most posts you find on the many different forums all argue that Skaven, Daemons and Vampire Counts atm are the most overpowered armies.
Skaven? nah, they had a bit of a balls-up with vamps and Daemons, but skaven are a pretty balanced army. They can be cheesy (plague furnace lists) but thats the same with most up-to-date armies (Lizardmen EoTG lists).

As to the worst armies, you will generally find that the worst army is the one with the oldest army book. It wasn't bad to start with but as other books have gotten better it has appeared to get worse.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
As to the worst armies, you will generally find that the worst army is the one with the oldest army book. It wasn't bad to start with but as other books have gotten better it has appeared to get worse.
True that, new books are often among the top tiers in strength, but as each new book ups the ante, so to speak, older books get progressively pressed back.

Also, general rules changes can affect an armybook: the BoC are allowed to rank up to a width of 4, only problem is, it now takes 5 to get a rank bonus. Many such examples exist.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ogres are by far the least playable army IMO, trust me its my current army and i have to play amazing just to get a draw. but they sure are fun to play with!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I actually managed a winning record with ogres. My regular opponents were O&G, empire, VC, WoC and daemons. None of the players where what I would call bad. That being said they didn't bring any over the top lists, just normal all comers but still really good lists. They are really hard to play properly, since they require the MSU style of play to get anything out of them. The most important thing to remember when making a list for them, is SCR is for the little guys ogres call "food" So buying command upgrades is pointless. In fact buying more than 4 in a unit isn't worth it. Its not like an ogre will let his mate get in the way of a meal, so ranks don't make sense.

I would say BoC are the worst book as of this moment, sense it was meant to work with the defunct HoC book. Next worst would have to be DoW, if you can even call that an army anymore, it is pretty close to being a footnote as Kislev and zombie pirates.

Ogres or O&G would be next, I think the gobbo side is actually pretty decent, but the orc side leaves a lot to be desired.

Those are what I would call the garbage armies. If weren't for a couple builds in particular, I would add dwarfs, since they have great CC units, but no way to deliver them, and their shooting isn't as good as the hype.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah yeah, Orcs and Goblins are hard to play as. They run at the drop of a hat and their units just plain suck. Some of them, like Black Orcs, are too overcosted to really be of any help. Tomb kings have an ancient book (which is kind of funny!), but at least they have options. Also, as mentioned, if played with skill than can stomp most of the field. I do have to cast my vote for Ogre Kingdoms though. They're sort of like the Dark Eldar of WHFB. Sure, it's POSSIBLE to win. But because of old book it ain't likely.

They'll probably get an update around the time Dark Eldar get their new codex, too. Lol.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well I know it is off topic, but if built right Dark Eldar are one of the top 5 armies in 40k. I don't really see what is bad with them at all, unless you purposefully take to awful stuff in the book. (admitedly they only have 1 choice per slot that is worth taking, and only if you configure them correctly) I personally have lost exactly 3 games with them, out of 25.

If it weren't for the fact they act up a third of the time (either squabble or charge forward), O&G would actually be a good army IMHO. But because of that, they are almost unplayable. I actually would prefer if they were just stupid and you just had to take LD tests to keep them in line. (even with their bad LD) It is possible to make a list that can function around their limitations, but it tends to be a bit spammy. (how many spear chukkas and chariots did you bring?!)

·
Airborne
1,664 Posts
O&G have serious problems (wohoo an army where you can't do anything when you roll a 1), but do have a few tricks and some really underpriced bolt throwers. They can occaisionally eek out victories against higher tiers if they throw every cheap trick in the book at em.

BoC really only have 1 capable build and that involves a character that eats units and makes spawns (along with a page of other ridiculous special rules). It still won't last long against higher tiers, but you won't get run the hell over as badly.

Ogres are just plain bad. If a WoC player fielded nothing but archaon vs. a 2250 Ogre list, my money is on the everchosen. Ogres have far too many matchups where they might as well just not come to the table.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i'd have to say Ogres, I brought an Incredibly soft list to a tournament, managed to come 3rd, i played against what seemed to be a hard ogres list, out of my 72 models i lost 10, i feel very sorry for them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.