Troops:

‘Ard boyz - 27x – Nob + Powerclaw

Deff Dread – 2x Rokkit – Armor Plates – Grot Riggers

Heavys:

Total points = 1000.

Now the idea would be the bigmek stands at the back of the table and fires away at whatever he likes. The wall of dreads marches down the table with the ardboys in behind. every turn the dreads dump all their rokkits at something and hope for the best. With Mad Dok G in with the ard boys they got 4+ armor and feel no pain, with 2 powerclaws. Lemme know what yeh think of this list.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Its an interesting setup, I could see it all going wrong with some bad scattering from the big mek or a double 2 for strength.

It is a lot of armour for 1000 points, perhaps the slightly cheesier 6 Kans, 1 dread would be better? You can get 2 kans with rokkit and riggers for the cost of one dread. At the least it would scare the opponent more.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Please make sure you post ork army lists in the respective army list sub-forums, found at the top of the ork home page.

*thread moved*

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Well then

I also play a lot of Tau, and the secret for beating them with orks is to outshoot them. It may seem impossible, but trust me, with rokkits and the SAG, it's completely feasible.

Crisis suits get instant-killed by rokkits, and the SAG will harass their firewarriors. If you fight a lot of hammerheads, deffdreads will indeed serve you better than killerkans, as the sub-munitions round will at most glance them.

If you're serious about outshooting the Tau, I'd add some rokkit buggies, fielded individually, one per unit. They will harass the skimmers, and instant-kill the crisis suits very well.

Also, if you're serious about actually getting into CC with the Tau, you need trukks. Footslogging against a mechanized army is futile. Yes, the trukks will blow up, which is why you need several. If you get even a single powerklaw into CC, your Tau opponent is almost certainly doomed, which is why they'll constantly move their army around in devilfishes to avoid them. At best, you'll keep his firewarriors moving, and then you'll be out of range of their guns. You'll need shoota boyz to capitalize on that, though.

In short:

Rokkit buggies
Trukks
Large shoota Boy mobz with 2 rokkits
Big Mek w/SAG

That's the way you beat the Tau. Deffdreads are too slow to be truly effective, and killa kans will be erased by railgun fire. One or two of either might not be bad, but you can't depend on them to win the match for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.