Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, im starting to get underway on my chaos project and am trying to figure out an effective and quick way to paint the models. Problem is, i suck at painting ;o

Ok, well the look i want is black armour with a tint of blue in it, then very dark blue (probably midnight blue) trim.

Would this work for achieving this look? (in order):

*Prime black
*Basecoat of black
*Wash down some blue ink and apply to whole model
*Paint trim/details
*Dip (heard good things about this and im terrible at shading)
*Spray on matte (is this needed after dipping?)

Much thanks

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
Well the blue ink won't really give it a dark blue tone. It will just give the black a more glossy look.

·
319 Posts
Try mixing the base coat black with a drop or two of blue paint and maybe just a little blue ink. Shade the model with a mix of black ink and blue ink. that should do it.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
As shango said... try making a mix with Midnight Blue, which is the darkest blue, and Black! Then you can drybrush the whole model where you want the lighter shade... ;Y

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
agree with Tsele, drybrushing is the way to go, you can even use stright midnight blue if you are careful, then wash with ink

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
Either go with the drybrush or paint the armour blue and shade with black (presumably a wash or four).

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone, looks like drybrushing a mix of midnight and black will be the way to go, final question ive got like someone said earlier, will dipping do anything on a model thats so dark?

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
No. And that's definite.

If you dip you have to base the model with light colors so the dipping makes the contrast... to dark colors you will be having a black model dipped! :happy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts