Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the models I am going to use.

1 Trygon
2 Carnifex
3 Warriors
18 Raveners
32 Hormagaunts
50 Ripper Swarms​

Since the Trygon is a burrower and can Infiltrate/Deep Strike I figured I'd take as many Ravenors I could afford on my hellish budget.

I have an awesome theme planned for all of the models. No legs, all tails. So, instead of the legs, I'll be converting/sculpting tails on all the models that need them. Sounds like a theme doesn't it?

I'm planning on getting some Rippers from Ebay(Seeing how they already look like little Ravenors.), but if anybody would like to trade some for something here, that'd be awesome. Contact me via PM here or E-mail me at [email protected]

These are all my plans so far...keep watching my posts, there will be updates - sooner or later.

Andrew-

·
Returning Lawman!
1,834 Posts
Sounds brilliant to me... however i would reccomend taking more synapse creatures for your hormagaunts. Maybe go with wings and no legs on warriors (Not quite a ravener look but very close)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This project is now put in RESERVE for now. I'm trying to do a series of armies in order that will all intertwine with each other in the longrun. So, for now, I'm still looking for Rippers, but I won't be using them for quite a while...

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,150 Posts
50 ripper bases?

Wow...hope your opponents have a lot of str 6+.

You may want more than one source of synapse though. I can see opponents taking great advantage of this...its only 3 warriors.

·
Tyranid Warrior Fanatic
2,674 Posts
Beware of GK! Gk psycannons can kill rippers in a single shot (so a potential 3 per gun) and a single attack from a GK in cc kills a ripper.

Gk1: Hey, look! 50 rippers!

*2 turns later* Where did those rippers go?

·
Tyranid Warrior Fanatic
2,674 Posts
Ravs won't help out in this case... Considering each GK gets at least 2 shots that ignore saves, and if they bulk on psycannons thats 3 shots that ignores the save and wounds on a 2+, the ravs will go down pretty fast.... Of course a few things would be guarenteed to hit the GK as some things will by Tri-goned and then ds'd and everythng... Lots of potential havoc. I guess your right. In this senario its more based on the GK's skills... Though I can see him targetting the Ravs and Trigon first because GK can instant-kill rippers.

·
Registered
267 Posts
but the one thing u have to look on is tha fact that he'll only have around 20-30 guys max because each GK is 25pts (i think-dont have codex here) and then with the upgrade psycannons etc your going to be outnumbering them 5/6-1 and those odds are pretty good, even if they can (with perfect dice roles) kill 3 guys a turn your still going to screw them over.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think my first big worry would be that the rippers cannot hold table quarters. That can be a pretty big deal at times. And I was amused by the thought of someone gawking at 150 wounds worth of rippers.

My second is if the opponent said "No way" to the Trygon. Granted, it is a really interesting themed army and is probably made for fun. You might also end up with an issue on your synapse coverage. If you traded out raveners for warriors you could prevent someone from squishing your ripper bases with S6 attacks too. That would be mighting annoying to someone counting on cutting through them with psycannons or autocannons, (or, even, shudder - a hellhound).

The warriors could be modelled to fit your theme. The plastic tails are pretty easy to bend if you heat them. Then you would just have to greenstuff the leg mounting holes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.