Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was starting up an Iyanden army, and a question just came across to me... since I have so many necron oppenents.....

Under the rules area it says that I may instant kill any unit if I wound on a 6, would that give Necrons the ability to WBB with a ressurection orb still?

Or will the model be totally warped out and never be seen again. And would this work on the ctan?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Instant Death is not something that prevents WBB rolls. Attacks whose strength is twice a Necron's toughness does prevent it. In 4th Edition this is also termed "Instant Death", but the Necron codex does not use that term. As such, this is another fluff-vs-rules contradiction. By the fluff, the Necron should be just plain gone. By the rules, it still gets a WBB roll.

It does work on C'Tan. They do have their invulnerable save, but if they fail they die.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thanks for the clarification ^.^.

Well atleast its nice to know that the ctan can get eaten in one shot.

·
Registered
716 Posts
No, wrong, it cannot. Page 27 of the Necron codex, section "Necrodermis", second paragraph states what happens when a wraithcannon hits a C'tan. You basically treat it like a psycannon wounding it.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Gah! Sorry, I double checked everything but the C'Tan. . . I assumed it was the same as Force Weapons -- which certainly can instantly kill a C'Tan.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah darn, haha I was about to test out the power of the WC on my friends ctan in an upcoming battle.

Not needless to say that WC's wouldn't be great vs him, but 12'' might get a little too close for comfort. But that cleared a lot of things ;)

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Indeed a 6 to wound on a C'Tan just makes the C'Tan take a wound without their save. Fluff wise this is based on the fact that C'Tan are completely rooted in our universe, being essentialy a part of it in every way. Thus they can't actually be sucked through a wormhole...but they can be thrown against it really hard lol.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Murekhalir said:
Hey I was starting up an Iyanden army, and a question just came across to me... since I have so many necron oppenents.....

Under the rules area it says that I may instant kill any unit if I wound on a 6, would that give Necrons the ability to WBB with a ressurection orb still?

Or will the model be totally warped out and never be seen again. And would this work on the ctan?
As a Necron player I can say that if you're using Warithguard to kill my infantry then I'm very happy because you're not making my Monolith go bye-bye. If I let one of my skimmer units get within range then I'm dumb and I deserve to lose. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts