Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot figure out if the wraithcannon can penetrate a skimmer. I asked thoes at my hobby shop and we were split about half way (of course the guy with the super falcons said no). The arguements are basically as follows

For:
Eldar codex released after 4th edition rule book so it overrides the rules (and the fact that its a codex it overrides the basic rules as with most other codices)
The weapon's discription says "Always" penetrates on a 5+
the mainrule book faq is older than the codex so it does not apply (see last against arguement)

Against:
The main rulebook's skimmer rule uses the rule "Always"
The main rule book faq uses an example of AP1 shots not causing penetration hits on skimmers.

I am of course biased (i think super falcons are cheesy so i wish to see such a devastating counter work. And look at my avatar:)). I would appreciate any input (pointing out a clear cut yes or no is exactly what i'm looking for. the situation never came up but as a house rule if it isn't explicity stated we dice off for each instance.)

·
Registered
36 Posts
No... off course only if the skimmer moved enough in its movement phase.

The wraithcannon always penetrates on a 5+... this means, that regardless og armour or other rules, you have now scored a penetrating hit.

Skimmers moving fast or vehicles obscured (on a 4+), changes a penetrating hit to a glancing hit. The FAQ supports this, as AP1 weapons always scores a penetrating hit... this is then, followlingly, changed into a glancing hit by the obscured rule or by the fast skimmer.

It all comes down to, when something is done... and the reduction of penetrating to glancing is done after the hit being penetrating.

·
Registered
131 Posts
No... off course only if the skimmer moved enough in its movement phase.

The wraithcannon always penetrates on a 5+... this means, that regardless og armour or other rules, you have now scored a penetrating hit.

Skimmers moving fast or vehicles obscured (on a 4+), changes a penetrating hit to a glancing hit. The FAQ supports this, as AP1 weapons always scores a penetrating hit... this is then, followlingly, changed into a glancing hit by the obscured rule or by the fast skimmer.

It all comes down to, when something is done... and the reduction of penetrating to glancing is done after the hit being penetrating.
This is how I see it and play it too...;Y.

Cheers,
Scott

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't think it did but thanks for the confirmation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.