Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ouch, i like the way the wraithcannon works but are they worth there cost in an army?

·
Registered
68 Posts
999 and lower no. 1001 above yes they pack a good punch and are really good when u bring a war...(brain fart) and give them enhance

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, i'll be sure to include some in my 1500 pt army.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
make sure they fit into yuor style of play. mine is more defensive, sit back and shoot until the assult comes to me and i ahve all my hth units in front(wriathlord, banshees in wave serpent, seer coucil)

they wouldnt fit in my army. dont just get them to get them, if yu ahve a strat in mind then thats good but they are real specific, close range power, not so good in a shooty eldar army.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so they would work well in a hth combat Eldar army?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
they are good in hth with str 5 and thoughness 5 and 3+ and the wraithcannon are nasty, but they need somehting to support them, like banshees.

·
Registered
464 Posts
:w
Originally posted by Vampiric_Drake8@Oct 3 2003, 11:05
Should my friend buy some cause he's low on budget and they are $10 a piece. That's at least $50!! Please help!! :eek:
answer: get them cheap on ebay, theres hundreds of eldar stuff there

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so banshhes or scorpions? would either of these work?

·
Registered
464 Posts
probably banshees (after all power weapons are better than normal weapons and they are just so cool) :w

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh yeah, power wpns are definitely better.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ya if you going to play with them, i would really suggest playing an iyanden army. Otherwise i would find it hard to get their points back in most games. If you pop a spirit seer in their squad then you should be great.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by shas'o hamster@Oct 4 2003, 15:59
probably banshees (after all power weapons are better than normal weapons and they are just so cool) :w
Hmm - I would agree most of the time that Banshees would work better - since the Wraithguard have strength and toughness while the Banshees have sheer speed and hitting power.

However, myself personally would take Scorpions. What reasons you ask? Well - they would keep pace with the slower Wraithguard being unable to FoF. THis would keep my fighting force togeather. It would also allow me to specialize in destroying certain enemys as both units are relatively strong and tough for the Eldar. Reason three - the sheer number of attacks a scorpion squad can pull off - nothing to joke at.

Thrawn

- semper fi -

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Geez i'm torn between having scorpions for their amount of attacks and the lure of the banshees power weapons... decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
this is the same exact problem i had. u gotta think...am i playing roks..then why do i need power weaopns? same for like nids. if yur facing marines, or tau or de(pesky lil HQ) then bvanshees are the way to go.

persoanlly i like scorps caus if u throw enuf wounds at marines...eventually they will go down.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think it solely depends on what your opponent is playing as.

·
Registered
68 Posts
are u thinking about for assisting wraithlords or just for normal use. banshees are better for normal use becaues of there speed but would not be useable with the wraithguards becaues they are real slow. but Scorpians can take a little more blow and go than banshees and have the extra attacks with the same speed as wraithguard.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.