Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've recently started using Wraithlords in my list and I was wondering something. Does a Wraithlord count as having 2 CCWs (its hands are its weapons after all, so maybe it should?)

Thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
if you read it's wargear entry you will find no reference to CC weapons other than the purchasable wraithsword.

wraithlord has 2 attacks, 3 on the charge. nothing you can do to it changes that.

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
Except the wraithsword and its attendant rules...

This is why the Wraithsword (and the wraithlord in general barring assaulting tanks) is silly in CC. Tarpit, much?

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
I find a Wraithlord very useful in CC, in small battles that is. When you don't have the points for anything else, a Wraithsword can really help get some kills.

Regards,

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
Sure the wraithsword is a nearly-guaranteed kill, but you're sinking a lot of points into that kill when so many units have power fists...

(Also, I know that the wraithsword doesn't give more attacks, I meant that it changes those attacks that you get.)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Sure the wraithsword is a nearly-guaranteed kill, but you're sinking a lot of points into that kill when so many units have power fists...

(Also, I know that the wraithsword doesn't give more attacks, I meant that it changes those attacks that you get.)

Well you'd hope that after flaming the squad twice, only the sergeant and a few bros will be left anyway. You insta-kill his marines, striking before the powerfists so provided you played your cards correctly and have some luck, you could wipe out an entire tacticool squad in one turn with a wraithlord.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Another Q on Wraithlord.
I've noticed a lot of pictures of Wraithlords equipped with 2 heavy weapons AND a wraith sword.
Im assuming the sword is just for looks in this case as unless Im mistaken, Wraithlords can only have 2 weapons (aside from the flamer/shuriken).

-John

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
I think that's for pure looks or a player who don't play with the WYSIWYG rule to allow variation in his list.

Regards,

·
Registered
846 Posts
I think that's for pure looks or a player who don't play with the WYSIWYG rule to allow variation in his list.

Regards,
Thanks, Im just getting back into 40k from a 10year hiatus and thought perhaps I was missing something.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Some people model things that way because they like to take a variation of weapons.

For instance:

If I model my Wraithlord with:
2x Flamer
1x Bright Lance
1x EML
1x Wraithsword
(which is a totally illegal combination)
then you could set it on the table, tell your opponent (not in a tourny setting, obviously) .. "This wraithlord has the BL and EML, not the sword."
you could then turn around in another game and say "He has the Wraith sword and eML" .. you would just need to clear this up with your opponent and make sure it's OK with your circle of gaming buddies.
The area I'm in.. this would be acceptable, as long as the opponent knew ahead of time what they were dealing with.

However.. in the perfect GW world, and any GW sanctioned tournaments... that is highly illegal, and don't recommend doing it unless you want to be sent home early.

I used to model things that way so I could take them however I felt that day (or how points allowed).. but have since started playing in tournaments, and want my models to be WYSIWYG.

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
Some people model things that way because they like to take a variation of weapons.

For instance:

If I model my Wraithlord with:
2x Flamer
1x Bright Lance
1x EML
1x Wraithsword
(which is a totally illegal combination)
then you could set it on the table, tell your opponent (not in a tourny setting, obviously) .. "This wraithlord has the BL and EML, not the sword."
you could then turn around in another game and say "He has the Wraith sword and eML" .. you would just need to clear this up with your opponent and make sure it's OK with your circle of gaming buddies.
The area I'm in.. this would be acceptable, as long as the opponent knew ahead of time what they were dealing with.

However.. in the perfect GW world, and any GW sanctioned tournaments... that is highly illegal, and don't recommend doing it unless you want to be sent home early.

I used to model things that way so I could take them however I felt that day (or how points allowed).. but have since started playing in tournaments, and want my models to be WYSIWYG.
Magnets!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts