Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How many WWB rolls do the Necrons get each turn? Are they culmative?

i.e. A Resurrection Orb is in range, the Monolith is in range, and at least one of the same models is in range of a fallen unit....does that mean they get 3 WBB rolls total? Or are the normal WWB roll and the RO roll like armor saves in which you use the best WWB available?

Also, if the Lord with Orb dies and the unit he is attached to dies.....does he get to use the orb on his retinue at the same time he uses on himself or does he have to pass the WWB roll for himself first?

If a Lord and his retinue make their WWB rolls via the Power Matrix of the Monolith, can they use Veil of Darkness if the Monolith moved? The reason why the Monolith would move is because there would be units in front of it restricting the use of the ability unless the Monolith itself moved and the unit in front couldn't or didn't want to due to position advantage.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
A necron only gets one WBB roll a round. The ONLY exception to this is if they are teleported through a monolith, which you must declare immediately after rolling.

As for the monolith and VoD, you can only teleport once a turn, and the power matrix must teleport your models to grant a WBB reroll. So again, no that doesn't work.

Res Orbs do not grant rerolls on WBB, they only allow WBB when it would otherwise be denied.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Also, if the Lord with Orb dies and the unit he is attached to dies.....does he get to use the orb on his retinue at the same time he uses on himself or does he have to pass the WWB roll for himself first?
While you only get one as everyone said, the order your stuff dies matters. Basically, when the unit dies is when check range of things like rez orbs.

I'll use the above scenario as an example: Presume that your units are near similar units. Your unit gets hit with something hard like a lance strike, which is S10 AP1 Large Blast. The whole unit is wiped out, including the lord. The lord was part of the squad when wounds were allocated so they all died at the same time meaning they would all get WBB because of the rez orb and if any failed (including the Lord) they may be teleported via monolith and re-rolled.

Now, if the same thing happened, but the Lord was NOT part of the squad it would be different. First thing that happens is the lord tanks it to a Railgun followed by a squad of 10 warriors, 2 die to railguns, 5 die to plasma rifles. The lord will get WBB because he has the orb as will the 5 that died from plasma (only S6), but the two warriors that died to the rail gun will not because the Lord died first so there was no orb in range. Now, if the lord failed his roll and so did the 5 warriors you would have to choose between the lord or warriors to go through the monolith (unless you had two) because they are separate squads.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works because I have a friend who plays 'crons and I've had to explain this to him by reading him the rules and FAQ multiple times xD.

·
1,880 Posts
I'll use the above scenario as an example: Presume that your units are near similar units. Your unit gets hit with something hard like a lance strike, which is S10 AP1 Large Blast. The whole unit is wiped out, including the lord. The lord was part of the squad when wounds were allocated so they all died at the same time meaning they would all get WBB because of the rez orb and if any failed (including the Lord) they may be teleported via monolith and re-rolled.

This is how I play it, however there are arguements to be made for this example in the nagative. Since they all die simultaneously technically the ORB died too. So some people would argue only the Lord gets it because he died at the same time. But the flip arguement would be same time means ORB was active...oh well. I play it as orb is active in simultaneous issues, but like his 2nd example. If lord goes down FIRST then no ORB.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yeah, same here.

Besides, I wouldn't worry too much about the lord going down first because if he is in a unit of warriors for example, you can just as easily allocate wounds to other warriors instead. Of course, presuming that you're not picked out by Vindicare assassins and the like.

If a whole unit with the lord is wiped out at the same time, I always assume that the orb is still active and all members can make WBB. Only, if there are similar members nearby.

·
Registered
17 Posts
OK - I figure (according to the replies above) that this was illegal... but I thought I'd ask.

A lord with Orb and VoD has joined a unit of warriors.
The unit is teleported accross the field to deal with an anti-infantry tank on the back lines - and in retaliation the opposing army has turned back around to take out the whole unit of warriors but did not manage to touch the lord (who was a part of the unit).

Can the lord VoD his unit back to within range of other warriors, so that they can get their WBB rolls?
I probably owe my friend a re-match because after I did that, the whole unit of warriors, with the exception of 3 got back up.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
WBB eligibility is measured at the time of death, so if there is no like model nearby WHEN they fall, they cannot take WBB.

Besides this WBB occurs before your movement phase (or at the very beginning) you don't have time to teleport back to grant eligibility in the same turn anyways, WBB is already over.

Yes PC, you are correct. It is very clearly stated in the codex, you may only make one "teleportation" action with a unit on any given turn.

·
Registered
212 Posts
WBB eligibility is measured at the time of death, so if there is no like model nearby WHEN they fall, they cannot take WBB.
Every time I see this, I keep on getting odd ideas about how WBB works. For example, a squad of 10 warriors is reduced to 1 through shooting, and all of the 9 downed crons qualify for WBB at their time of death due to being within 6" of the surivor. However, later on in that same shooting phase the last surivor is also gunned down and is ineligible for WBB due to no warriors being within 6". So due to the way Alzer wrote it, I'll start thinking:

"The other 9 were eligible at their time of death for WBB, the last 1 was not, soooo the other 9 still get their rolls, right?"

Which is, of course, wrong. I keep on having to remind myself that WBB eligibility in special circumstances such as the Res Orb is only measured at the time of death, the other normal circumstances for WBB such as being within 6" of a Necron of the same type is measured at the time of death and at the beginning of the next Necron player's turn. Otherwise you could have Necrons that were downed by normal CC coming back to life despite the rest of their squad being wiped out in the subsequent sweeping advance.

Unless I've misinterpreted something and it's actually possible to have Necrons use WBB despite not being within 6" of a Necron of the same type at the beginning of the Necron turn (but died whilst being within 6" of a Necron of the same type).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.