Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who don't know, WYSIWYG is What You See Is What You Get. I'm pretty sure that it is used in a tourney so that an average looking model can't be hosting a secret array of close combat weapon goodness. So basically you know what your getting into... I think...

ok, so, not surprisingly, I don't like the DE model range so much. So I looked around a bit and found the Dark Elves. I use an executioner with a green stuffed cape, his 'Shadow Field," and use him as my Archon, and then of course the witch elves as wychs.

So I was wondering if I could leave the models as is or need to stick some pistols on them. I might get some whips or nets or something for wych weapons. and if I don't put the pistols and/or wych weapons on them can I still use them in a tourney?

Also I took some Tau legs and stuck sort of a trophy rack on there and the the Tau EMP and photon grenades and used them as drug dispensers and plasma grenades. Could this "Legs-at-loss" be like a familiar for pyskers but instead of another physic power, be his war gear?

·
Registered
61 Posts
You should be able to use them in a tourney providing that you follow the "Any weapons, armor, or upgrades are represented on the model in question". If you check the Rules PDF from the Games Day 2007 they even give an example of a Bretonnia model that is being used as a Guardsmen but is still holding the Lasgun.

So, I say go for it, Dark Elves have a lot of similarities to the Dark Eldar models and many folks use the Witch Elves for Witches now adays. I would stick some pistols on there and something resembling Wych Weapons just so people dont have a fit...

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Hi,
In WYSIWYG you can only present what “you get” if there is an official model for it and since there are very few “official” ways to show upgrades, wargear or whatever for Dark Eldar I believe that all you are morally obliged to do is show a difference compared to a standard model.

This difference needs to be obvious, consistent throughout the squad and explained to your opponent prior to the game, the only non consistant representation I can think of is for Wych Weapons – only some of the Wyches need to be shown that way to satisfy the rules (I know, very weird.)

So if you find that no GW official model exists then your guess is as accurate as anybody else’s here and the key is “it has to be obvious.”

Cheers.

·
Dark Eldar Gerbil
1,522 Posts
Does anyone have plasma grenades modeled on their wychs (other than the OP)? I know that i dont.

I also don't model a WWP. Just say its a tiny cube in his pocket. yeeess.... thats it...

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Does anyone have plasma grenades modeled on their wychs (other than the OP)? I know that i dont.

I also don't model a WWP. Just say its a tiny cube in his pocket. yeeess.... thats it...
No, I dont show plasma grenades on any of my models.
I remember reading somewhere that grenades were the only thing that you didn't have to model in 40K - now if I can just find that reference................

My activated WWP is an Apocalypse Vortex grenade template (thanks KwiKwag for this one) and its the correct size, vey colourful and a lovely domed shape that stops anyone from deploying on top of it.

My unactivated WWP used to be a small rolled up piece of plastic sheet that tucked up under the arm of the carrier and was supposed to unroll into the size of the portal but these days I just dont bother any more.

Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is what I reference when I am asked about this stuff...

http://gamesday.us.games-workshop.com/GamesDay2007/rules/includes/2007GamesDay40kRules.pdf

I doubt anyone is going to be an ass if you dont have your grenades on your models, but if you are using the same model type (Dark Elf Witch Elves) for all of your Dark Eldar Wyches and you display pistols, ags, and some Wych weapon resembling items they shouldnt have a problem.

Friendly games I dont mind if my friend is playing with Terminators and saying the Heavy Flamers are actually Assault Cannons, but at Games Day he will have to remodel his Heavy Flamers and represent the ACs as such.

Hope that helps...

(if that link doesnt work, go here: Games Workshop: Games Day and its mid way down the page)

Cheers,

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
Here are some of my converted Dark Elf wyches - pics are too big show here.

http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/wyche.JPG

and this one

http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/wyche1.JPG

Remember that they are a little smaller than the 40k wyches but its hardly noticible really.

I ordered a bunch of the Dark Elf Beast master whips and use them as my official agoniser (other than the actual whips on the succubi).

Converting the fantasy Dark Elf wyches was easy if you have a good supply of pistols and blasters to give them. I simply either replaced their entire arm or just cut them off at the wrist.

No, no modeling of plasma grenades but the dark elf witches have plenty of blades and swords to be considered "wych weapons".

·
Registered
116 Posts
As for plasma grenades, many of the DE players I know come and give me a poke whenever I add guardians to my army, since they know I hate the look of the Craftworld Eldar plasma grenades, and they use them on their models.

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts

I modeled the grenades on my incubi, and wyches will follow. If you want I can port an image of them when I get back. In a few words, I used blue transparent beeds and glued them onto the belt. Looks great, try it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.