Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, thought I'd start a new club; been a while since a new popular one got started. Since tabletop wargaming tends to translate into typical gaming, I figured this would be a good one. So...

Welcome to the Xbox Gamers Clan of LO, your one-stop thread to meet and talk to other wargamers who share your interest in the Xbox/Xbox 360! Once members start popping in, we'll start various discussions - most likely weekly discussions started by me or people of my designation (for organization purposes) - about the Microsoft Xbox and the games for it, new and old.

Check out our social group: http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/group.php?groupid=21

To join, simply post here with the info in following format:

Forum username
GT: Xbox Live gamertag
Games: Your favorite games here.

As people join, keep an eye out for the aforementioned weekly topic. In the meantime, members are free to discuss what they will; however, when the weekly topics start, please try to stick to those topics. If you have any suggestions for a topic, please PM me here on the forum and I'll take them into consideration.

Members

Lost Nemesis
GT: panserbjorne88
Games: CoD4, Halo 3, DoA4, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, LEGO Star Wars

Stunted_Merc
GT: stunded0merc
Games: CoD4, BioShock, Condemned

Pancakes
GT: Qruze
Games: CoD4, Halo 2, Halo 3, DoA4, NFS: Most Wanted

kore
GT: Durntaur
Games: GH3, Assassin's Creed (the only games I've played)

chemicalcaveman
GT: WarlikeRogue
Games: CoD4, Halo 3, GoW, Team Fortress and a couple others...

Marrius
GT: Polish Martyr
Games: CoD4, Dynasty Warriors 6, Halo 3

psichotykwyrm
GT: psichotykwyrm
Games: Rockband (more soon)

Deek
GT: DecaturEric
Games: Assassin's Creed, Madden '07, Halo 3, BioShock

Riptor
GT: R1p70r
Games: Halo 3, Turok, Team Fortress Two

double.bind
GT: economist
Games: CoD4, Halo 3

Trusty Gnoblar
GT: wob wib
Games: Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, CoD4, Gears of War, NFS Most Wanted, Frontlines, Rainbow Six Vegas, The Darkness

gamete
GT: Gamete94
Games: Halo 3, Mass Effect, (coming soon: CoD4)

rookai
GT: BWA Alex
Games: Halo 3, CoD4

Chaosundivided
GT: Oblivionfreak12
Games: Halo 3, CoD4, Frontlines, GoW, Virtua Fighter 5, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Ace Combat 6, and many more

Toastee
GT: Lauinav
Games: Halo 3, CoD4, Army of Two, Gears of War, GH3, Mass Effect

Hive Fleet Cobra
GT: SteelCobraz
Games: Rockband, COD4, HALO3, GH3, TUROK, LOTRBFME2, Masseffict, Vegas(one), Gears of war, Fear, Crackdown, Ea fightnight rnd 3, Assassians creed, Ace combat 6, Perfect dark, saintsrow, Splinter cell D.A., Oblivion, uno and aegis.

·
Bork! Bork! Bork!
416 Posts
GT: Qruze
Games: CoD4, Halo 3, Halo 2, Dead or Alive 4 and NFS: Most Wanted.

Don't have my subscription activated RIGHT now, but I plan to in the following week or so.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, as we're just picking up members right now, any ideas on what our first weekly topic could be? Was thinking of maybe "Favorite Genres" to start with something simple, and let that discussion go on for a week or so, then start up a new one. Get to talk about reasons why you like or dislike certain genres on the Xbox, what developers could do better, what you want to see, persuade others why genre X is better than genre Y, etc. Could be fun, but I'm also curious to see what others want to talk about to get the ball rolling.

·
Skeletor=Pimp.
996 Posts
Genre's with a favorite game and description of said game would be a great starter.

Like say for example I like the Horror Genre (Which I do) I could say Bioshock is my favorite and explain the reasons why I believe so, though many game magazines have covered that lol.

-K

·
Bork! Bork! Bork!
416 Posts
Hey, I have a question, did anyone else here NOT reviece the one month free xbox live gold trial when first plugging their 360 into the 'nets?..

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, I have a question, did anyone else here NOT reviece the one month free xbox live gold trial when first plugging their 360 into the 'nets?..
I am not sure if they do that anymore. When I bought my Xbox 360 Elite, it didn't have any 30 month card like I'm used to. Instead, if you create a brand new gamertag, you get the one month of Gold for free. But, you have to make a brand new GT, so I'm not sure if that'll help you out.

On my last Xbox, I could do that three times (with three different GT's); I can only assume it's the same with other Xbox's.

·
Bork! Bork! Bork!
416 Posts
Alright because I dont THINK I made a new Gamertag, I used one of my like.. 4 Windows live accounts or something for my Gamertag as my offline one's name was taken (Pancakes) so I guess that why I didnt get my month trial. Microsoft really should try to make signing up less of a chore, I wanted to throw babies from rooftops by the time I got my account all readied up.

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
Well, I just bought my XBox 360 last week. I've been a PC gamer for a long time and have stayed away from consoles. I am a WoW addict that is almost 14 months sober. Anyhow, I'd love to join since LO has been the best online community I've been a part of since my WoW guild.

kore
GT: Durntaur
Games: GH3, Assassin's Creed (the only games I've played)

...and yes, the 1 month free XBox Live Gold trial still comes with the system, though I haven't had occassion to use mine.

As far as genre goes, I love RPG and RTS. FPS is fun too. I'm not a big multiplayer-player but am not opposed to getting into the mix in the future. I just need to get used to the XBox controller. This has always been a source of frustration (I'm very competetive) when I would be at a friend's house and get schooled because I play PC games.

·
Skeletor=Pimp.
996 Posts
I picked up Army of Two and Guitar Hero 3 this week, me and a friend spent about 5-6 hours and went through the whole Ao2 campaign, I enjoyed it a lot, fun and brutal with very likeable characters. We got the last two copies in our town, so I assume it's selling well.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I picked up Army of Two and Guitar Hero 3 this week, me and a friend spent about 5-6 hours and went through the whole Ao2 campaign, I enjoyed it a lot, fun and brutal with very likeable characters. We got the last two copies in our town, so I assume it's selling well.
Worth picking up? Looked like an interesting game, but I'm not sure if I want to get it (as I don't really have a second player to play it with that often). I think maybe I'll just rent it.

I've been playing a lot of Rock Band and Crackdown lately... fun games.

Marrius, how's Dynasty Warriors? I've got a guy in my dorm who has it, I plan on borrowing it from him next week some time. I was a big fan of the earlier games (up until 5, anyway).

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Awesome idea for a group!

GT: psichotykwyrm
Games: Only actually own Rockband at the moment. (hawked games for 40k stuff...) But I have a Gamefly account now, so I won't have to buy games anymore.

Mostly into shooters, action/adventure, and RPGs. My current internet connection has crappy upload speed, so I can't really play online, but the moment that changes I'd love to throw down with some of you guys!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.