Librarium Online Forums banner

I have a...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Hero of War
1,348 Posts
Xbox all the way.

Game selection is far superior, and the online aspect is much better. Despite being on my second xbox and even that has been repaired, I still vote xbox. In 3 years I've only had two problems and both were sorted in a week or so.

And now with the Microsoft - Sky TV pairing, I will be in heaven! I can now watch my beloved Burnley in the Premiership on my xbox! :D

Long winded answer, but xbox all the way!

Paul

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had an Xbox 360, quite liked it, but then got a PS3 for the free online gaming :p
and the PS3 is actually much better, i like the control more, its not as noisy, i like the loading screen better (a small thing like that really can help), and the main menu, i like the fact i can put a USB into the PS3, and it works (good for PES update file)
so PS3 wins, i don't know why people say Xbox is better, in the long run (if you want to play on-line on PS3) it is probably cheaper to have a PS3

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
I've got a PS3, I bought it for a number of reasons:

1: I really like films and the built in bluray was too tempting for me.
2: I'd previously had a PS1 and a PS2, both wonderful machines and so i did feel a bit of brand loyalty
and
3: As I have limited experience on Xboxes I have never liked their controller, I feel they are too big after being used to the PS controller (which has stayed more or less the same for ten years!) although a lot of my Xbox owning friends swear they are better (and don't hurt your hand after prolonged use which some people say happens with the PS)

I'm not really interested in 'what is better', they are both great consoles, but for me the PS3 suits my needs, it looks nice and runs quietly and the games it has are the type I like. In fact the only Xbox exclusive i'd really like is Fable 2. My best mate has an Xbox and it is a cool machine, and Xbox live IS better than PSN despite having to pay for it.

I'm so glad Killzone 2 turned out to be so good though, as its vindicated me somewhat over choosing PS3 over a 360. but remember, whatever you get you will always get some little kid calling you a "f*g" for killing them in FPS games.

Next-gen FTW!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Xbox FTW!

because simple when I buy a gaming console I buy it for the games.
I don't care if it play music or has bluray or that it is less noisy I am trying to teabag some little kid on halo who called me a f*g!

so it cames down to a high price (when I was buying) console with bad to ok games ( killzone 2 :sick:)

or a cheap one with some decent games (L4D:dance:)

My 2 cents

·
Hero of War
1,348 Posts
I think the console gods are punishing you for starting this debate :p

Get onto the xbox website and fill in the online form regarding a repair. What is it thats broken? E74 or three red lights?

Mine broke two weeks ago, and from the day it broke to the day I got it back it was just over a week, so it's not too bad!...

·
Hero of War
1,348 Posts
Well of all the things that could go wrong, that's the best as it's covered by Microsoft so you don't have to spend a penny to get it fixed! Just means you have to find alternative entertainment for a week! :p

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Xbox FTW!

because simple when I buy a gaming console I buy it for the games.
I don't care if it play music or has bluray or that it is less noisy I am trying to teabag some little kid on halo who called me a f*g!

so it cames down to a high price (when I was buying) console with bad to ok games ( killzone 2 :sick:)

or a cheap one with some decent games (L4D:dance:)

My 2 cents
Dude!! Killzone 2 is awesome!

I agree though, if you take away all the cross platform games then the 360 edges it. We do have our cracking exclusives though, MGS4, Motorstorm 1 & 2, Uncharted, Little Big Planet.

I think you've hit upon a interesting point though, that you chose an Xbox because it does what its meant to do (play games) really well, so at the relative prices its got to be number 1- personally I think MS should stick to getting their exclusive IPs (and none of this timed rubbish) and stop messing round with deals with Sky etc. etc.

At the end of the day the PS will keep improving as developers get more used to working with it, as it has a lot of technological potential, whereas the 360 is working not far off its capacity- but that doesn't matter as the next generation of Xbox will then come out every bit as good (if not better) than the PS3.

Horses for courses innit.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
XBOX! highly superior to the PS3, more games and better online play.

·
Hero of War
1,348 Posts
Horses for courses innit.
At the end of the day it's each to their own really. Personally it has to be the 360 for me, I'm hooked on the achievements lark, but if the PS3 floats your boat then so be it!

MGS4 may be an exclusive, but the next one isn't :p nor is the next Final Fantasy! They are all slowly making their way over! Just need a blue-ray extension now and we are sorted!...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts