Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, my brother plays as orks, and he's been playing for a while, so he has alot of the guys that he needs. now that xmass is comming i need to get him somthing, and i wanted to get him some orks. he doesnt play as any clan, or whatever they are, and i think he has all the basic stuff he needs and HQ's he wants. so i just wanted to know, with this being an ork forum and everything, what good units i could get for him? i dont know exactly what he has now or anything so just throw some stuff out. thx :p .

·
Registered
735 Posts
Get em a killa kan or a dread, my favorites...WAAAGH!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
more slugga boyz or gretchin are alwyas good, but if u want somethign special and u got alot of money...get him a stompa!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would consider buying him another elite unit (except Flash Gitz). Some of the other specialty troop units would also work (burna boys, tank bustas, or stick bombas).

The reason I suggest this is that all of the units can be typically added to a current force. Usually the units are regulated to a smaller size (some have a maximum of ten) so he will not be hard pressed to paint them up. Also, they can expand the choices he has for his regular army. As an example, I doubt you would want more than 1 tankbusta mob per army. But against an IG armored company, he might like that option of being able to feild a second unit.

As another item, you might want to buy an IG vehicle like a Leman Russ tank or a basillisk. It might be a fun project to use the vehicle as a looted tank (after he properly 'orkifies' it). And it is a legal unit choice to boot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok if you reaaallly like your brother and you a LOT of money Forge World sells a battle wagon thats great for any med - large army. Uhhh Stormboyz are always cool and agreeing with hakbash a dreadnaught is pretty cool too (or killa kan).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i was thinking, and you have to remember that im cheep ok, that i would give him some burna boys. now heres why, he is always complaning about the low BS of the orks and i figured if i give him some flamers he would not have to role a BS, so he would be able to hit the enemies. now the downside to this is that they have to get in close to use them. if i dont get him the burnas i was thinking of maybe a nonexpensive, under 40$, vehicle. and Salamander i dont know what a stompa is? could you fill me in on what it does?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
its from forgw world and its abour 200 dollars. it is about 1 foot tall and have many, many guns. thats putting it lightly.

yeah get some trukks then. more trukks is always good,

·
Registered
735 Posts
A stompa is big, looks like a miniature version of a gargant, it is a light class gargant. You can only get em on E-Bay now, as they are out of production from Epic cast. Going price is about $100.00 US dollars...WAAAGH!

·
Registered
857 Posts
It's like a huge freakin' dread. Like an Orc Titan...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Originally posted by Deciever@Oct 17 2003, 17:24
It's like a huge freakin' dread. Like an Orc Titan...
Wouldnt the Ork equivelent of a Titan be a Gargant? I read something about that somewhere.

·
Registered
735 Posts
A stompa is like a large dread...but not quite a titan...yes Ork titans are called Gargants...WAAAGH!

·
Registered
105 Posts
stompa i think can carry loads of boys and it has loads of zzap guns on it oh and for you brother i would get him a zzap gun since you hit automaticly within 24 inches

·
Registered
231 Posts
get em som 'ard boyz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.