68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XV07 Rapid assault battlesuits

Pts/mdl WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
Shas’ui 25pts 2 3 4 3 1 2 2 8 3+
Shas’vre 25pts 2 3 4 3 1 3 2 8 3+

Team: A team consists of 3-6 battlesuits

Equipment: XV07 battlesuit

Character: One shas’ui may be designated as team leader at +5pts. They may then select items from the tau armoury. A shas’ui team leader can be upgraded to shas’vre at +5pts.

SPECIAL RULES
High powered jet packs: The XV07 battlesuit may move up to 12� in the movement phase and may always move up to 6� in the assault phase

Bonded: The team may be bonded by the Ta’lissera at a cost of +10pts for the whole team. They will not carry a bonding knife but will have a knife design painted onto their battlesuits.

XV07 BATTLESUIT HARD POINT OPTIONS
One weapons system may be chosen for each battle suit
Flamer +6pts
Burst cannon +10pts
Plasma rifle* +16pts
Fusion blaster +12pts

*The XV07 battlesuits do NOT count as stationary when using rapid-fire weaponry

Well waddya think? I felt i wanted to do this for 2 reaons

1) We need more battlesuits
2)We need more fast attack (Well we need more of EVERYTHING but hey...)

I'd imagine them to look simlar to stealth suits but instead of having jet packs i see them having a manga inspired set of jet wing thingies... You know what i mean ^_^

·
Registered
531 Posts
I really like the idea, great flankers to help our mobility. You're right we do need more of everything.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think i balanced them pretty well, The only change i'd think to make is making them all choose the same weapon mebbe, to stop having and uber unit, Thats not to say that 6 Fusion guns isn't NASTY ^_^

(Edit: Sorry forgot to mention, they're fast attack, but you knew that didn't you ^_^)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Tau XV-19 Flanker Suit Team (Fast Attack)

Name: Flanker Suit 30 Points

WS:2 BS:3 S:4 T:3 W:1 I:2 A:1 Ld:8 Save: 3+

Unit: Consists of 1 to 4 XV-19 Flanker Suits

Weapons: Must have one of the following: a Flamer for +8 points, a Burst Cannon for +12 Points, a Fusion Blaster for +14 points.

Wargear: Must purchase a Target Lock for +10 points, or a Shield Generator for +20 points.

Special Rules: Turbofan Jetpack (Move 12" in the Movement Phase and 6" in the Assault Phase)May always Deep-Strike.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Fun idea guys. Other than the movement, they are pretty much like stealth with different weapon options. The extra movement is a big thing though. I would definitely call it fast attack.

TauofWar

·
Registered
531 Posts
6 fast fusion guns= lots of dead marines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.