Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go look at the Sneak Peeks on the GW website! OH CRAP THEY ARE COOL! I see new Stealth Suits with FUSION GUNS and a MARKERLIGHT DRONE! I cannot wait to dissect a few of those. XV-25/Tactical Dreadnought Armor, anyone? I think I have a new job for my artificers.

· Registered
938 Posts
Ick, I don't like them at all... ugly >_>

I guess they have their tactical awesomeness. But why can't they just look like the current ones =[

· Registered
586 Posts
You know, now that we've gotten a bigger picture of them, there are a few details I'm not so keen on. Like the little grooves on the torso/armor carapace. I'd always assumed that these were the seams where the plates fit together. Why then do they just trail off half an inch behind the head? Or why did they make the backpacks protrude so far? It makes them seem out of balance.

These might take a little more work than I expected.

· Registered
293 Posts
i actually used to hate the models, but now we get a close up, they look a lot better

· With Oden On Our Side...
1,138 Posts
D1storter said:
I think that they new models for the xv25 are not so great. I prefer the original stealths as how can something so big and bulky be described as stealthy.
Here we go again...

They use STEALTH FIELDS to hide themselves. Like the Predator.
Were the Predators small, no. Are thier ships, definately not.

It actually makes a little more sense to be bulky, since they have to have the on-board cloaking device.

· The deep down truth
5,707 Posts
D1storter said:
I think that they new models for the xv25 are not so great. I prefer the original stealths as how can something so big and bulky be described as stealthy.
Why is everyone saying the new stealths are bulky, look at the model its basically the same body size as a normal stealth the only real difference is a bit more armour on the arms and the larger helmet, hardly massive bulk.

They look more like a slightly better armoured version of the normal stealth hardly the clumsy behemoth people keep saying they look like.

Also for about the hundredth time the Stealth suit relies on holographic distortion fields to prevent targeting they are not bloody ninja's the point of the Stealth suit is to make it easier to get within shooting distance not assasination by hand to hand or something.

What do people think Stealths do, they have bloody big gattling burst cannons and that is hardly stealthy, the point of Stealth suits is this the stealth unit moves up to the edge of the burst cannons range fires of a salvo of shots and then moves away, the Stealth suits disruption field makes it harder for the enemy units (who will already be disorientated by the BC shots) to locate the Stealths (who by the way are not moving closer to the unit using the stealth but will be moving away to ensure minimum return fire), they are basically using the same tactics as modern day snipers, shoot / relocate.

· Registered
243 Posts
What im saying is that they dont look as stealthy as before like the thin 15's who when painted black could look like ninjas....:D I know what you mean about the fields but when you look at that the model doesnt the x15 look better?

· Registered
586 Posts
Yes, everyone's perfectly aware that the suits rely on stealth generators for their concealment. But all the same, when comparing statistically equivalent units, a smaller profile is always a advantage. Realistically, even if an enemy can't see you, even if you're fighting in pitch black, a smaller profile means you're presenting a smaller target. You're less vulnerable to being hit by wild shots. In game terms, a smaller profile is beneficial as you can take better advantage of cover.

Think about it: Stealth means a reliance on not being seen or being harder to see or hit instead of relying on armor. A larger profile inherently makes a unit easier to hit, even if totally invisible, than a similar unit with a smaller profile.

· Registered
341 Posts
IGFreely said:
Yes, everyone's perfectly aware that the suits rely on stealth generators for their concealment. But all the same, when comparing statistically equivalent units, a smaller profile is always a advantage. Realistically, even if an enemy can't see you, even if you're fighting in pitch black, a smaller profile means you're presenting a smaller target. You're less vulnerable to being hit by wild shots. In game terms, a smaller profile is beneficial as you can take better advantage of cover.

Think about it: Stealth means a reliance on not being seen or being harder to see or hit instead of relying on armor. A larger profile inherently makes a unit easier to hit, even if totally invisible, than a similar unit with a smaller profile.
True, however 15s suits look like they have the same armor that a FW. How can I imagine that a 15s has the same armor that a Crisis Suits?.

For this reason i think the new stealth suits will be more realistics.

· Registered
391 Posts
Reason A: The old models had a whaist like a barbie doll... hairthin, they were kinda too small for the 3+ save. They have developed better technology wich might take more room. They have to adjust to other new tech supporting them on the battlefield. AND they Now have a Hardpointslot if not misstaken...

· Registered
391 Posts
Well... tecnically, no. Marines and Stealthsuits are not the same size. Stealthsuits are more of an Exo skeletton unlike the Crisis or brodside who are suits. And the Tau being slightly shorter than a normal human, who in order are even shorter than a marine, who are shorter than a terminator... etc. You get the idea right..?

Leads us to the fact that Stealthsuits are not as big as Marines in reallity, but as models they are since all models are about the same size.

*Just so no one get the wrong idea...

· With Oden On Our Side...
1,138 Posts
IGFreely said:

Overall, the size increase is hardly enough to claim that the new ones cannot take advantage of cover like the old ones. I made a comparison in a Word Document that shows the current and new models side by side. I made the images so the bases the suits are on were the same size (or really freaking close). However, I don't know how to post it up here. Of course, the angles of photography were not the same, which resulted in an obscured height for the new model. However, I believe they are about the same (again, basing scale of the base they are on and angle of base).

· Registered
105 Posts
Thats true riki people always complain about this model saying its not stealthy but it the technology not the size or person that makes them stealth thus stealth suits. O and I like the models but I remind me of the were rabbit in walace and grommit and the curse of the were rabbit anyone else think so?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.