Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the Imperial armour Apocalypse II is up and the XV9 entry has some weapon stats. From the blurred image I have made out the following stats.

Pulse submunition rifle, assault1, 5” blast no cover save
Fusion Cascade, STR8, AP1 Assault? Melta

A weapon whose name I cannot make out but looks like it has STR4, AP4 and rending

Last there is the Burst cannon.

The link is here. See if anyone else can make the other details out (younger eyes).
Link>>>Imperial Armour Apocalypse II

The pulse submunittion is interesting (especially as I put forward a subs weapon on the XV88 last year, coincidence???) as I like the fact it removes cover saves and uses the blast template.
The Fusion cascade looks lethal but it depends on how many shot it gets, it looks to me like it is a D6 or D3 weapon.

There is also an XV88 destructor phalanx entry with something called a targeting matrix. I think these entries say a lot about how the Tau are going to change. We are going to see some very powerful weapons options I am sure. One thing I have noticed is that IA and Forgeworld releases always point to how the codex updates will pan out (Piranha, Skyray anyone). I think we will see some radical XV suits and XV88 changes.

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
Yes, have to agree with you about the codex "indicators" there, Riki.

The one you can't read is something to do with an Ion Gun (can't make out the first word - 'phased'? 'photonic'?) but it certainly looks like it's Rending and maybe gets Assault 4 or 6.

I suppose we can now hazard a guess at what way Forgeworld will proceed with the "weapons or Suits" question we were wondering about earlier this week. I'm guessing it's going to be a weapons pack.

E.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The games inventors dont seem to liek Tau
iN the index, theres like 18 pages IG
16 Pages SM
16 Pages CSM

3 Pages Tau......

wow

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, have to agree with you about the codex "indicators" there, Riki.

The one you can't read is something to do with an Ion Gun (can't make out the first word - 'phased'? 'photonic'?) but it certainly looks like it's Rending and maybe gets Assault 4 or 6.

I suppose we can now hazard a guess at what way Forgeworld will proceed with the "weapons or Suits" question we were wondering about earlier this week. I'm guessing it's going to be a weapons pack.

E.
Can you imagine a unit of three XV9's with the Fusion cascade? If we take the word 'cascade' as its literal meaning then we are going to have a suit that puts out 'multiple' STR8, AP1 shots a turn. Three XV9's with cascades is going to be a vehicle and tough target hunter unit par excellence. The Ion gun sounds nasty as well, if it is a six shot (which is what I think I see) then 18 shots with rending is going to be nasty as well but if I know Tau players(and I think I do) the Fusion cascade will be the choice made.

Also funny is the fact that most of the weapons are assault weapons aimed at close quarter mass infantry killing (shot volume and removal of cover) and one that will crucify Monstrous creatures (the Ion is also good for this being rending). I wonder if this has anything at all to do with a new codex next month 'cough Nids'. Cheaper Hormies and some fearsome big creatures are on the horizon (not to mention massed Broodlords) and these weapons seem to be tailored to handle just this sort of army.

Mark my words Tau are up for a codex review, all the clues are there and Tau are good sellers after Marines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.