Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What up dawgs? :p Hey. I'm new to Chaos and have been struggling with lists. This list uses the Plaguebearers to absorb charges and the rest charges like crazy. Leadbelchers cover the flanks. BUT! Should I remove them and add in another mounted daemonette unit and some furies? How about some Trolls? Whatcha reckon?

The Horde of Ur'gar, Lord of Devastation

Exalted Daemon of Chaos Undivided:

Level 2 Sorceror - Blade of the Ether
275pts

Beastlord of Nurgle:
Mark of Nurgle - Slaughterers Blade - Chaos Armour - Crown of Everlasting Conquest
245pts

Sorceress of Slaanesh:
Level 1 - 2 Dispel Scrolls
135pts

13 Plaguebearers:
208pts

13 Plaguebearers:
208pts

14 Plaguebearers:
224pts

5 Mounted Daemonettes:
150pts

10 Beastmen:
6 Gors - 4 Ungor -Shields
65pts

10 Beastmen:
5 Gors - 5 Ungor - Sheilds
65pts

10 Pestigor:
Mark of Nurgle - Gouge Horn
182pts

2 Leadbelchers:
Bellower
120pts

2 Leadbelchers:
Bellower
120pts

2000pts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Let me tell you, I'm doing this because you said you were new to chaos. Just correcting some simple mistakes

>The Horde of Ur'gar, Lord of Devastation

>Exalted Daemon of Chaos Undivided:
>Level 2 Sorceror - Blade of the Ether
>275pts

I beilive this character is worth 355 pts: Demon=230 pts, Level two sorceror=80 pts, Blade of the ether=45 pts. Total=355 pts

>Beastlord of Nurgle:
>Mark of Nurgle - Slaughterers Blade - Chaos Armour - Crown of Everlasting Conquest
>245pts

>Sorceress of Slaanesh:
>Level 1 - 2 Dispel Scrolls
>135pts

Is this right? I'm missing a Mark of slaanesh. Or do you call her a sorceress of slaanesh because it sounds sexy?

>13 Plaguebearers:
>208pts

>13 Plaguebearers:
>208pts

>14 Plaguebearers:
>224pts

Plaguebearers are good, but not THAT good. They can be wicked against slow armoured opponents like dwarfs but if they get charged by a relatively good unit, they'll banish into the warp faster than you can imagine. You'd do better to have two units 20 strong than three 13 strong.

>5 Mounted Daemonettes:
>150pts

I'm not really accoustumed to theese girls and have absolutely no idea of their attributes. Including a fast unit in your army is a wise choice though.

>10 Beastmen:
>6 Gors - 4 Ungor -Shields
>65pts

>10 Beastmen:
>5 Gors - 5 Ungor - Sheilds
>65pts

You should give a little more explanation of your tactics, what are theese two units for?

>10 Pestigor:
>Mark of Nurgle - Gouge Horn
>182pts

>2 Leadbelchers:
>Bellower
>120pts

>2 Leadbelchers:
>Bellower
>120pts

>2000pts

With all humility, I beilive that you'll be torn to shreads. Your missing a BIG concept: For fear (MARK OF NURGLE) to work, you must outnumber your opponent. Your biggest unit is 13 strong and thereby, it is very unlikely that you'll outnumber you opponent. Another important factor: skrimishers and fast cavalary will give you headaches with this army as you've got nothing to counter them with (except maybe magic). An advice I always give to people who are starting a new army (watch out, I'm new to chaos myself, starting a khorne army) is to have a centre, a big unit or what I like to call an anchor for the rest of the army. In nurgle this would usually be a 12-16 strong unit of warriors (maybe upgrade them to chosen) with a lord or a beefed up hero. As you go on playing, you'll probably change or rearange your anchor as your will dictates. Just a couple more tips: Nurgle minotaurs are awesome (or at least they seem like it to me), the mark only costs 25 pts and they get a 5+ save (combined with light armour, 4+) which makes them a hell lot tougher against shooting plus they can be quite fun and amazing if properly converted. For speed, and taking into account that you seem to like infantry, chariots can fit quite nicely in you theme and, if you place them in you flanks they can keep them safe for you. Hope this helps.

Just my two cents.
Germy
LET THE RIVERS OF BLOOD FLOW. WAAAAGGGHHHHHH

·
Tabletop Terraformer
1,405 Posts
Unfortunately dude, this army list is riddled with illegal selections and, well, just plain bad selections. I shall explain...
Andaah said:
Sorceress of Slaanesh:
Level 1 - 2 Dispel Scrolls
135pts
Clearly this character is not meant for a serious offensive casting ability, it's obviously just a 'scroll caddy' (gah, I hate that term...). Since this is the case, why have you given you Daemon general magic levels as well? You should either drop his magic levels or increase the number and power of your other sorcerer(s).
Andaah said:
13 Plaguebearers:
208pts
13 Plaguebearers:
208pts
14 Plaguebearers:
224pts
Fear or not, these units will get a kicking in combat against any half decent, ranked up unit. You'll have two ranks at most (less if they get shot), you'll almost never have outnumbering, nor do you have a banner. You should take the 14-strong unit and split it evenly between the other two, forming two large, strong units rather than three mediocre ones.
Andaah said:
10 Beastmen:
6 Gors - 4 Ungor -Shields
65pts
This is an illegal herd because you must have at minimum of 5 Gors and 5 Ungors, the army book quite clearly states this in their army list entry.

Plus, 10-odd beastmen with shields is going to achieve bugger all. The Gors should have two hand weapons, the Ungors need nothing more than their spears, and a decent beast herd should have at least 10 Gors, 5-8 Ungors and full command. Then they become the excellent skirmish, flank attack unit they were meant to be.
Andaah said:
10 Pestigor:
Mark of Nurgle - Gouge Horn
182pts
Once again, a unit of 10 models is next to useless against the ranked up combat units of your enemy. These will either be shot up (they have a very weak armour save), out ranked and outnumbered in combat or both. I mean seriously, they haven't even got a banner! Troops like these should form the lynchpins of your battleline, they should have enough numbers to absorb some casualties, and always, always give them at least a banner. The free +1 to combat resolution from a banner is more than worth the few points it costs. Ideally, combat units should always have full command.
Andaah said:
2 Leadbelchers:
Bellower
120pts

2 Leadbelchers:
Bellower
120pts
Sadly mate, as it says in the Hordes book, armies led by Daemonic generals cannot have any Dogs of War at all, and Ogres are Dogs of War. Either these will have to go or your general will have to be changed to a Mortal or Beast.

Sorry to be so negative about it mate, but this army simply wouldn't work and would most likely be easily beaten by most opponents. My advice to you? Read up on the army books, look at other army lists on this forum and talk to some other experienced Warhammer players about building effective armies.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Sadly mate, as it says in the Hordes book, armies led by Daemonic generals cannot have any Dogs of War at all, and Ogres are Dogs of War. Either these will have to go or your general will have to be changed to a Mortal or Beast.
My two cents, he could grab Master of Mortals for virtually nothing. Downside is, then he needs mortals. So a beast general (and much better beast units) is probably your best bet if you really want the Leadbelchers. And why did you just buy Bellowers? Those wont help much unless you plan on fleeing charges, which is a really bad idea. Otherwise, follow everyone elses advice, which probably means rewrite the list.

·
Registered
36 Posts
IMO I dislike the use of ogre DOW units in a chaos army to make up for the lack of shooting. I think that's an intended weakness that we, as chaos players, should be very good at getting around. But again that's my personal opinion and should in no way dictate your personal preference. Any I just wanted to say that taking a unit of mounted daemonettes is a very good choice to balance the typically slow and awkward plaguebearers. Daemonettes can't flee and as such can't be used as baiting fast cav but with fear, poison, initiative and a 20" charge, they're quite capable of handling most of those pesky skirmish units and are fast enough and hard hitting enough to slap around fast cav units.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
657 Posts
O definitely. I prefer Ironguts, since they build on a strength instead of covering up for weakness. WD published an article on DOW that specifically states play to your strengths.

·
Tabletop Terraformer
1,405 Posts
Hmm, I have to agree with Khorne Lord on this one, taking Leadbelchers for no other reason that to have some shooting is pointless. In fact, unless you want the rather special Stubborn Maneaters, there's not much point in taking Ogre Kingdoms Ogres at all, since there are already Ogres available from the beasts book (and those only take a special slot rather than a rare one). Granted they aren't quite the same as Ogre Kingdoms Ogres, but they're close enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts