Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as the NEW edition of the warhammer is coming out shortly there of course are some changes but this time they're are lots of changes.

Of which Ogres will benefit from this new edition, as now a standard unit fights in 2 ranks and spears in 3, Ogre sized models also fight in 2 ranks up to a maximum of 3 attacks which is awesome as a unit of 6 bulls get 18 strength 4 attacks!

Also when you kill an opponent in combat another model takes his place so that even if you kill the first the rank you will still get to attack as normal.

To top off this Ogre sized models get a STOMP ATTACK just before combat resolution so ogres are now a much stronger army which will wreak havoc in the warhammer world.

·
Registered
228 Posts
its true we will get better, but one thing to keep in mind is that others are getting better as well. shooting in 2 ranks and fighting in 2 ranks means more attacks coming against us as well also you attack in initiative order now, our poor ogres will be lucky if they ever strike first. but on a side note kitting bulls with light armour and ironfists with a full command group will be great, ogres it a 4+ AS and a 6+ward ! I'm looking forward to it

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very true indeed, we will get shot at a lot more. This also means that i can have more than one GORGER in my 1000-1500pts. I guess everyone one will be upgraded but some more then others.

·
Registered
228 Posts
ture about the gorger but we can still only take 2 until 3000 pts, but we can also fit in other rare stuff if we want !

·
Registered
169 Posts
HUZZAH! A resounding victory for the Ogres in a team battle. Orcs, Goblins, & Ogres vs Dark Elves and Vampire Counts. The ogres steam rolled through the entire opposition. 50 bucks in prize money well earned i'd say.

·
Registered
161 Posts
its true we will get better, but one thing to keep in mind is that others are getting better as well. shooting in 2 ranks and fighting in 2 ranks means more attacks coming against us as well also you attack in initiative order now, our poor ogres will be lucky if they ever strike first. but on a side note kitting bulls with light armour and ironfists with a full command group will be great, ogres it a 4+ AS and a 6+ward ! I'm looking forward to it
failing to see how you get 4+ AS here? LA gives you 6+, shield gives you 5+. There is no additional AS bonus for handweapon and shield - it is now the ward save.

·
Registered
62 Posts
the loss of auto-killing a chariot and the changes to stonethrowers are both going to be bit helps for the scraplauncher too. Not only is everyone else's stone thrower brought back to being equal to the scrappy, but in fact it is now better in that it at least has killing blow AND the large template! in fact our stone thrower is probably now the best in the game - excluding perhaps the dwarf one with the various runic and engineer upgrades.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts