Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just to satisfy my curiosity really, what are the best effects you have ever achieved from some sort of tactical use of a unit?

To give you the general idea, here are two of mine that spring to my mind:

1) A unit of (Frenzied) chaos Knights was closing in on my squishy army center (SSC, Casket, etc). Fortunately, i had a Scorpion over on the flank, who just happened to be near a wood. Moving the scorp in front of the wood, he was the closest unit to the Knights and they were forced to charge him. The Knights won, obviously (though i did KB the Lord! :D). However, i had also set up a second Scorp in the middle of the wood. Overrunning into this one, and again winning, left the Chaos Knights pretty stuck by the difficult terrain. There original charge was on T3. On Turn 6 they emerged from the forest, just in time to have their souls drained by the casket :) Yay for cheap luring units!

2) Vs Ogres, my opponent has a nasty looking Leadbelcher unit on the flank. I put a sacrificial unit of 5 Light Cav in their way as a speed bump. Both moving towards each other, the LBs decided to try and shoot my Cav... poor things. 2 Misfires = 2 Dead Ogres and not a single scratch on the bones of my Cavalry :) Yay for dumb faith in sacrifice!

·
Registered
76 Posts
1)well i charged a unit of crossbowmen(empire)with 3 chariots,his stand and shoot reaction kiled all but 1 chariot which ended up beating the crossbowmen in combat and overran into his cannon,after killing the cannon crew i charged the other unit of crossbowmen in the rear beat them and caught then while they were fleeing

2)a unit of kotr charged into my skeleton bowmen,the knight fluffed there attacks and the bowmen hit back killing 3(!)the knights fled but were caught by the bowmen

·
High Priest of LO
1,928 Posts
Nice idea, Phoenix :)

1. What can I say? Skellie Bowman Champion challenging a HE Prince (with too much saves to even talk about and immune to the SSC due to the damned Dragon Armour:freaked-out:) on a Star Dragon. This move was only to hold the Dangerous unit for one turn so my TGs joined by a TK with DoE could flank him. When the attacks were made, he overkilled this poor Bowman like 11 times :dance: I lost half of the Skellies I would have lost, and could charge with my TGs next round. I challenged him with the TG Champion and separated his head from his elven body with a KB! Love Tomb Blades... <333

2. I managed to outshoot half a LM players army on turn 1 with my catapult only :) Big saurus blocks was not a smart choice when all of them fled (in addition, I got a bulls-eye on a skink priest on an Engine of the Gods:sinister: - killed) :p

Happy memories :D

//Nagash

·
Registered
282 Posts
hmmm hard to choose things for this without just listed (so and so unit did this!)
I've had similar to you phoneix, enemies khorne knights threatening my line, lined up my horsemen so he would have to charge them and overrun (was hoping not off the board), they went off board though, next turn got a swarm in a position to redirect him away from the line once again (was touch and go with the skirmisher line up rules but he ended up overrunning to the other side) won the game for me by keeping them occupied while i killed the rest of his forces.
Others i remember are moving my horsemen behind an enemy's cavalry unit i know will break on a charge from my tomb guard through combat res so that when they flee they get auto run down by the horses. Another bonus to this was having my oppononent saving dispell dice expecting my priests to magically charge his flank which didn't happen :p

Another good tactic i've had work is aiming at targets with shooting that will cause follow on panics, in a tournement here i managed to shoot out some pistoliers who were in front of my enemies wizard causing them both to go off the board.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hmmm, I like the heiratic jar, on last turn. Against a high elf teclis list, I used my first 2 incantations to charge my king on 1 wound against teclis and caradryan's unit of phoenix guard. He leaves if figuring he'll strike first and cut him down. I thne put all my other incatations on a second catapult shot against a unit of swordmaters who have chopped their way through two units and captured the banners. Not wanting to lose this unit he carefully uses up all his dice so he has enough to stop all my incatations. I then pop the heiratic jar to cast smiting on the king. Out comes the destroyer of eternities, down goes teclis and caradryan. Admittedly the curse of caradryan killed off the king, but the points I gained to make it a minor victory to me and the look on my opponents face were well worth it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
the suiside prince is one of my favorite (if very unpredictable) tactics. i like to run a prince all alone in a chariot, he causes 2X the amount of hell. i do wounds with his attacks and impact hits then he usually dies (but the chariot remains) my foes fail there "the curse" roll the chariot wins combat and runs down the unit. sounds crazy but i have manged to kill some pretty unlikly foes with this tactic!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.