Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone remember their first game?

Mine was WAY back near the end of '96.
I had 10 Valhallan Ice Warriors
10 Space Marines,
Land Speeder,
and Ol Faithful, My Wunder Pred =^__^= (Who Im retiring once I get a new one, it be battered and well battled :) )

Against a Dark Angel army.

Needless to say, I lost, it all went to pot in the 2nd turn, after he shot up my IG, He went into HtH with my marines, and took out my Pred with a rocket launcher ¬_¬
But Still, after that, tis was when I knew...I was hooked

·
994 Posts
i can remeber mine. i was new to the game so they tried to cheat. they used about 2000 points worth of tyranids against my leman russ exterminator, 40 guardsmen, lieunetant, 20 marines, dreadnought, 5 bikes and 3 attack bikes.

i somehow managed to beat him - i just shot the and all of his gaunts fled after a couple of rounds of shooting. (about 160 hormagaunts) not bad. the carnifex got close but my marines kiled it in combat.

after this i knew i wanted imperial guard because of thier effective shooting (they killed the tyrant and most gaunts).

·
Registered
506 Posts
:ph34r: :ph34r: DON'T REMIND ME :ph34r: :ph34r:

lol... :D nha I was just pathetic, like I still am now ( just kiddin). It was with my squad Imperial Guard against my mates Noise Marines. Thing is he totally ripped me off with the points, making up rules as the game went along ;) . Either way I think he could of won without that...it ended up as a 'Perfect win' for him. Lol! Not many of those.

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Mine was at my local GW. I had to borrow some store dark elder to make an army. I had a raider sqaud and was part of a large group game. Hehe i started on a cliff, dropped my men of which decided to have a little fire fight wid some marines. Then my raider blew up a land raider and was shot down by bolters. Memeries

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yup, i remeber mine, it was about 4 weeks ago...

I had just gotten the rule book about 3 days before, so me and my brother satdown to play a one on one to get a feel for it. I used a Thousand Sons Marine and he used a blood Angels Deathguard model for a regular BA Space MArine. He won in the end because he had a powerfist and crushed me like a tin can. Heck, we probably didn't even do half the stuff right! (i know i did stuff wrong cuz my TS had a chain sword and bolt pistol! <_< )

·
Registered
664 Posts
whoa, it was waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the day of second edition, I borrowed my friends terminator squad (Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha), and Obliterated god knows how many grots and orks w/ firepower, then went into CC w/ them.... it wasn't pretty. The person I was playing was new too, and the veteran was the one telling us to do all the stuff, it was extremely fun, so I went out and bought a squad of Chaos Termies (Btw, before this chaos army, I had 3000pts of Chaos that I sold when I moved from Cheyenne to florida)......

·
Registered
353 Posts
hmmm man was against my friend, both new, 1000 points crons versus tau, I barly won the game, and it was mostly cuz I left my warriors behind to capture table quarters, plus he failed to relise how over half his army worked...

·
Registered
217 Posts
My first Game was 3 years ago. My Grandmother( yes my grandmother plays GW games) and I were at our local game store and I had 10 marines verse her 20 DE warriors. Well we were having problems understanding the rules and being a 11 year old @$$ i got stressed. Then a local player came over and tought me how to play. I lost (of course) and to this day i am still trying to beat him. Now if you mean like real battle well i cant remember that...... :(

·
Registered
190 Posts
My first game of 40K? Jeez that was a long time ago... I think it was the summer of '93. My friend introduced me to the game and after some deliberation I decided on Orks (they were cool and a box set of 30 of 'em were only like $22) Throwing together most of my mins I skipped painting them and went straight into playing. Well my friend who owned the books (And wouldn't let me read them by the way, I should've known something was up...) and I decided to play, he set up his army which consisted of a single model. Puzzled I set up my Orks and got ready to whip him, His first turn he revealed his figure was a spotter and he launched an orbital vortex missile than spanned the entire board, Everything on the table was obliterated...

(Later in my gaming career I discovered the term "Munchkin" and immediatley realized that he was the king of all "Munchkins". he even had a 600th level wizard for DnD...)

Every game we played for a while he introduced me to "new" rules, mainly after he used them against me. He was a real *****... It took me like a year before I finally beat him and even then he claimed that I had cheated. I almost stopped playing as it wasn't any fun for me, it just seemed a way for my buddy to stroke his ego. but luckily I found other people who played, and played the right way. Have been having fun ever since.

The best thing was several years later I faced him in several tournaments and whipped his lame ass every time.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
i got a demo at a local show. he gave me 500 pts of his marines and he used 500 for his nids. he blew up my dread and kille dmy gaunts and everythign but it was still fun and i got hooked from that game.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Oh I remember mine alright...
My first battle was a tournement.
I played against a really cheesy eldar player, I had something like 1500 points of 'zerkers and plaguemarines and some other stuff...
He naturally slaughtered me...

·
Registered
253 Posts
<_< my 1st game was 1000 pts with my starting army the top necron player....... wasnt very fun ........ my grey knights deep striked against 2 warrior squads lol i won combat

·
DING
1,740 Posts
I would say i played my first game around December of 98(got the rule book for christmas) I was using Chaos (the heresy has been reveled) as they were my first army against some SM. I cant remember much else only the fact that i lost (I have only won one battle ever in five years, sounds bad i know but i have only played about ten battles altogether :( serious drought of oppenents around these parts) :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, it was only about a month ago.

Playing Space Marines, I had two tac squads, one with 10 guys in a Rhino, one with only five. 5 assault marines, a pred annihilator decked out with lascannon sponsons, and a dreadnought with a lascannon and a missile launcher. It totaled up to about 800 points.

I was playing against Necrons, and I started out pretty good. First turn my dread and my tank took out all of the Necron heavies, and I moved my Rhino forward towards their warriors, with my assault marines hiding behind it as it moved.

Then the Necron player announced that his HQ has an item (veil of darkness, I think), that allows him to teleport around the board. I wasn't expecting that at all, and he went around destroying everything that was sitting around by itself.

I got screwed for not reading carefully enough, though. My assault marines with in CC with the Necron warriors, and I brought my APC around to bear, unloading them all. FLAME THEM ALL I screamed, but Pvt. Joe on the flamer hesitated, "But Sir, the LT is in there!" (my HQ was the only model left in the CC) "I don't care! Burn the alien heathens!" So I said, ok, I'll just go and assault and help him out. No, you can't assault after you got out of a vehicle. Oh well.

I think I did pretty good for my first game, though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My first battle was fought on a 4x8 sheet of plywood with plastic aquarium plants, beer cans, old model cars, a Captian America piggy bank, and the best piece of mobile terrain that ever lived, Mr. Wiggles, R.I.P.
My Eldar- 3 Warlocks, 20 Guardians, 5 Striking scopions, 6 Swooping Hawks, 3 Dark Reapers, a troupe of 12 Harlequins, a Solitaire, and a High Avatar, fighting Ultramarines. I got my butt handed to me that first game. I was pretty sure it was a fair fight at the time since we had the same number of models on the table.

All men are created equal, but Space Marines are made even better.

It took me all night to learn how to really play with what I had. At the time I was a painting junkie, nothing's changed except how I choose what to paint, and was more worried about a force that looked cool and not what fought the best. We played many games well into the morning. I actually came close to winning the last few. I learned how my force's better movement meant I had a good chance to flank his troops, that Striking Scorpions could be devastating against Terminator armor, and Howling Banshees slice through power armor like mad.

You know I still miss models having an actual movement stat.

Uncle Jesse

·
Registered
340 Posts
My first game was last year (which is funny because I had been collecting since the seventh grade, so 4 years prior). Anyways, it was just a fun little round I played in a friends basement. 4v4 FFA just fielding all the points you had. Kharn, Abaddon, AND a lord. Oh, it was sweet. Then 5 termies, a dreadnought, 10 marines+special weapons, and 12 berzerkers. It was pretty nuts, but I got my ass handed to me because the one guy had like 5000 pts of Steel Legion IG. Ouch.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My first game was too long ago to remember (then again, that is anything more than 3 months, so...). It would have been with SM though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine was a while back against my buddy who taught me to play. We ended up using the Last Chancers 2 squads of Catachans and a Commissar against his Honor Guard with Dante an, 8 man Death Company with Lemartes, a bike squad and 2 land speeders.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.