Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Daughter of Man
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to be converting my HE dragon into a zombie dragon. i dont relaly want to jut paint it it black and purple so i am hoping for some tips on whjat to do.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Um, well...
You could try greenstuffing a hole in it's belly with various entrails poking through. Basically make up a few 'sausages' for the intestines and then pucker green stuff around it to show it bursting through a distended stomach.
Have the armour plates rusty and decayed looking, as well as the cloth.
You coul also take out one of it's eyes, stick a few arrows and bolts in it to show wounds etc.
There was a pretty cool article on the GW site about converting giants - made it into WD as well but i can't remember the number - and someone did a zombie giant. Maybe look for that to get some inspiration and ideas?

Reactions: Ultramoose

·
Daughter of Man
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Um, well...
You could try greenstuffing a hole in it's belly with various entrails poking through. Basically make up a few 'sausages' for the intestines and then pucker green stuff around it to show it bursting through a distended stomach.
Have the armour plates rusty and decayed looking, as well as the cloth.
You coul also take out one of it's eyes, stick a few arrows and bolts in it to show wounds etc.
There was a pretty cool article on the GW site about converting giants - made it into WD as well but i can't remember the number - and someone did a zombie giant. Maybe look for that to get some inspiration and ideas?
awesome response. ty vm. entrail.s thats so awesome.

·
Daughter of Man
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i've begun assembling the dragon. got the body and all that all together. gonna start shaving of high elfy things tomorrow. get rid of all those pesky symbols.

ive decided the main zombification will be as follows

ill sculpt a bloated pestilent paunch from gs and have entrails hanging out. pools of dark black blood on the base.

one of the banner thingys that hang from its front tusk ill pretty much destroy and gs into something that looks like its tattered and old.

add some nurgle style blisters and pock marks.

rough up his barding and scales so they look old and like hes been through many combats

considering modifying one of my coffins(from the black coach) into the throne on the dragon.

any other suggestions?

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
I'ld re work the face if I was you, show the skin receeding off the bone, an exposed joint in an elbow/knee or two should be nice too.

·
Daughter of Man
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'ld re work the face if I was you, show the skin receeding off the bone, an exposed joint in an elbow/knee or two should be nice too.
that is indeed a cool idea. but i have no idea in the world as to how i would do that.

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
The dragon is plastic I think. What you could do is try and use glue to make the skin look mouldy. If you get some plastic glue and an old wash cloth you can dab a little plastic glue onto the skin areas of your dragon. Use the cloth to smear and squish the glue. Only a very small amount of the glue is needed. The glue will partly liquefy the surface of the plastic.

Then you use the cloth on it, the texture of the cloth will make that area of the dragon a little rougher. The effect you will get is that when you go to paint it the dragon will have rough, mouldy looking decayed skin in some places. Basically the effect will make the dragon look more aged and potentially gross.;? This effect can be done at random anywhere on the dragon and it has the benefit of being very cheap and easy.

·
Daughter of Man
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The dragon is plastic I think. What you could do is try and use glue to make the skin look mouldy. If you get some plastic glue and an old wash cloth you can dab a little plastic glue onto the skin areas of your dragon. Use the cloth to smear and squish the glue. Only a very small amount of the glue is needed. The glue will partly liquefy the surface of the plastic.

Then you use the cloth on it, the texture of the cloth will make that area of the dragon a little rougher. The effect you will get is that when you go to paint it the dragon will have rough, mouldy looking decayed skin in some places. Basically the effect will make the dragon look more aged and potentially gross.;? This effect can be done at random anywhere on the dragon and it has the benefit of being very cheap and easy.
neato:D thanks leech. i never thought of that :D

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
A bit of filing and a bit of greenstuff should see you right, copy whatever you can find to copy and it shouldn't be to hard to get a nice finish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.